I done broke'd my truck! - what glue should i use??

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
45tr0
bitNinja

I done broke'd my truck! - what glue should i use??

Post by 45tr0 »

Hell diddly ding damn crap! :sad:

I had just finished drilling myself some dubs for my current project truck, ( http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=6200 ) and took off the shell to pop em in - and the chassis cracked in half right along the glue line! :cry:

True, i didn't use the highest quality glue from the start (im sure i have some revell stuff SOMEWHERE...), but now i've got to glue the sucka back together!
I gave it an attempt with some plastic glue that came with the new cutters i got, and all i managed to stick together was my fingers!

What glue do you guys use? can i putty it back into one peice?
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

If you're talking about glueing your chassis back together, I'd use a 2 part epoxy or at least super glue. The epoxy will be stronger.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

quality superglue is your friend :-o
i used to be cool
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I use Super Glue Gel on any modding projects, once dry which just takes only a few minutes, I seal it with standard Super Glue and let sit over night. I always clamp to hold in place when possible. 8)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I use Superglue brand superglue for all my gluing needs.

The trick to super glue is sand both surfaces flat , so there is no gaps, and never reposition. If you have to reposition, let it dry and start over. Then I go over all seems with a bead of superglue, and let it dry for hours.

I swear this will make the glue joint stronger than the plastic around it. I've purposely broke stuff just to test.

After doing some research on how superglue works. I understand now why my technique works. See, superglue bonds to moisture, and everything has a thin layer of moisture on it. If you reposition, the superglue has already bonded to the moisture on the surface, so your just trying to get glue to stick to glue. That is also why superglue would rather bond to your fingers than what you're glueing.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

I use 2 part epoxy, but that superglue gel has me interested :???: Epoxy is great, but it takes a long ass time to dry.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Avoid the gel. I've come to realize it sucks. If you want thicker stuff get some hobby grade CA in medium to thick.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

you want it to stick and never come unstuck use Liquid Nails, they now have a clear I use that on my chop and stick together bodies and once dry it will not come appart unless you cut or saw it!

they have smaller tubes at places like Home Depot in the Glue section. :-)
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics: