Full Size Bit Wheelset

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Full Size Bit Wheelset

Post by MotorGong »

Being a NooB, it's sometimes hard to stand up and say "hay, I'm new and dumb" :grin:

I'm installing the fullsize wheelset for bits..... taking the wheels off the axles for the front blah blah.

I DO understand that the rear rim adjacent to the axle gear lacks a built-in spacer, so one must be provided.
I installed the OTHER rim on a knuckle, and inserted it into the front-end. Without installing the additional rim, it already seems as though the back-end of the wheels/tires are going to rub against the chassis WHILE TURNING. This wheel/rim doesn't seem to be petruding outwards from the bit as far as the rear wheel/rim is; or the front wheel/rim is not 'in-line' with the rear wheel/rim.

Are there spacers that I need, or am I missing something obvious?
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
betty.k
bitPimp

Re: Full Size Bit Wheelset

Post by betty.k »

MotorGong wrote: am I missing something obvious?
bigger wheels take up more room :lol:

you'll need to make some room inside those arches before it all works out and limit the steering travel with some spacers behind the knuckles.
i used to be cool
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

You'll also gonna hafta shave the chassis so that they don't rub. I use my Dremel for that.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Cool, you guys are great.
I know this beginner stuff is like "breathing' to you guys. 2nd Nature.

Just to take the time and respond means worlds to me. I know ya know this, but I read the articles quite often, and ask questions after I've hit a wall and re-re-re-read the article.
Thanks again..... :-o
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual