Stretching the chasis

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Elnino1017
bitThug

Stretching the chasis

Post by Elnino1017 »

yo, can anyone put up a tutorial on how to stretch a bit chasis to fit a ZZ body? 8-)
bdebde
bitPlaya'

Post by bdebde »

I have done it with two chassis'. I cut each a little longer than I needed, and test fit each half seperately in the body. The tab in the rear needs to be lengthened to get the wheels properly located in the wheelwell. While you are at it you can also lower the tab, Also do the front to make body even. I left the back tab alone and glued a new longer tab under it. In the front, I cut the old tab to the right lenght to get the wheels in wheelwells. Then added a new tab below it and just a little longer, to go through the body. Then I sanded both halves on a flat table to get them nice and square and down to right lenghth. I used black abs plastic cement, can be found in plumbing dept of harware stores. Make sure to get the halves lined up straight, you only have a short time before the glue starts to set.
Scotty, beam me up.
warmaster259
bitPlaya'

Post by warmaster259 »

it prolly easier and looks better if u just cut the zip body to fit a bit chassis