Solid Axle ZZMT

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
zzapultimate
bitThug

Re: Solid Axle ZZMT

Post by zzapultimate »

sidewinder wrote:Actually, I'd be interested in that myself, I'm guessing plastic bushings?

Here is another pic. On the front axel there are no additional bushings. There are two brass tubes one inside the other, but only on the outsides of the axle. This is so that the middle of the axle has a big enough diameter to fit the bevel gear, but the ends of the axle have a smaller diameter to fit the white plastic cup for the dogbones. The front axle simply spins inside the brass casing.

The same applies to the rear axle. See the two pics below. The first pics is a modified rear axles with two bushings. The next picture is the axle with the housing. Note the two different sized brass tubings again. The ends are a smaller diameter to fit the bushings snugly while the middle is a larger diameter so the bevel gear will fit and spin freely. Everything is soldered in place to keep it from shifting.

Boom done.
There is no greater bore than perfection.