zz evo widebody, pics, suggestions please!

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
jonnywachter

Re: zz evo widebody, pics, suggestions please!

Post by jonnywachter »

oh ok thanks, that picture is all i needed to see. so its not propo? what would be the point of that? oh well i think the coils work fairly well anyways. im still waiting to get some cash togetho so i can get bondo and paint. im not sure if i want to go with black, white, silver, or blue tho. oh and i figured out why it wasnt steering as strong as before, there was a little binding up, fixed it tho.

How much voltage can a microsizer board take? because i have a 3.7v lipo from one of the picco-z helicopters, it seems to be fine, i just dont want to ruin my board.
jonnywachter

Post by jonnywachter »

hello?
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

The mods look good. The voltage question has been asked often, but to be honest, I don't know for sure.
But I wouldn't do any higher voltage than that without some board mods.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Motorized steering was a big improvement over Coils because it actually gives torque to steering rather than the more vague feel of the coils. It also didn't have the twitch of the SE barely propo.

4 series Nicad was the absolute upper limit on the earlier generation Bit/Zip boards before they start to release the magic smoke, not sure if these are rated any higher. So a 1S lipo like that should be ok, but all the normal warnings about lithium batteries are still in effect.

So, still no door opening line in the body kit? Planning to get in all Dukes of Hazzard style? Looking good.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

frizzen wrote:

So, still no door opening line in the body kit? Planning to get in all Dukes of Hazzard style?
And what's wrong with that? Some of us have devoted our youth, given our health (and more than a little blood) to cars like that. :-)
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
jonnywachter

Post by jonnywachter »

lol, no i did make some door lines, it was more difficult that i thought it would be. i got some money together now so ill probly get some bondo next week and start on making it smooth.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Save yourself some money and get the bondo finishing putty, it's just as durable and it comes in small tubes. Auto body guys use as a final coat to the putty, so it's very strong and sandable.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
jonnywachter

Post by jonnywachter »

ok, thanks for letting me know. it seemd kind of a waste to buy a big container when i only needed a little
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

This is what it will look like in the store, if you need to go more than an 1/8 of an inch thick at a time you might want to consider a couple of layers or another putty. But on micros an 1/8 of an inch is a ton...if you need something you can go thicker with let me know and I'll find a link.

http://www.thepaintstore.com/Bondo_Glaz ... _p/b90.htm
jonnywachter

Post by jonnywachter »

well guys, i got the bondo and primer, i also got white gloss but i am undecided what color i will paint it, just wainting for some free time where i can sit down and get started.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I'd go with the first green on the picture below, I thought I'd make a quick comparison sheet for you, it's not the greatest job but it gives you an idea of what it would look like in different colors.

jonnywachter

Post by jonnywachter »

thats awesome, you do that on photoshop? i think either white or yellow now that i see it
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Glad I could help, I always like to do a mock up ahead of time so that I can see how a bit or other RC will look.

I use Corels Photoimpact X3 because it's compatable with my Corel Painter X. Photoshop has a few more features but lacks a few as well, and since I use Painter for my artwork it's nice to have a photmanipulating program that I can share the files with. That was just a ten minute or so recolor, it's kind of crude, but when I put all of the shades side by side it looked pretty cool. BTW, if you want to do stuff like this but don't want to spend the money on the software gimp is free and it's pretty good...if you google gimp you'll find it pretty easily.
jonnywachter

Post by jonnywachter »

thanks, i currently have photoshop cs3. but i know so little about it, im sure i could have done the same thing you did but it never even occurred to me!
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Cool, if you want, check out the site http://www.chopaholic.com/virtual_garage/index.php it's a photchopping site, we're still new but growing. BTW the banner at the top of the forum is mine, check us out.