Micro terrain to micro rally

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Micro terrain to micro rally

Post by Sporttracguy »

So after doing a dual cell (using a zzse cell) on my first micro terrain I decided to take this platform to the next obvious level, rally. I had an extra xtrek II Subaru body and although a little longer wheel base it had a perfect width and just looked cool on those huge knobby tires.

Unfortunately a few of the pics are fuzzy (taken from my cell phone) so i apologize in advance. I used two normal sized bit batteries, wired in series. Took some single ply carbon fiber and extended the chassis (its still a work in progress, ill get pics soon) I used a micro deans plug to re route the charger port and mounted it on the roof (sort of looks like an antenna) I also had to extend the IR sensor to the roof (since its a solid body). I use my super brain battery charger instead of the remote to charge the batteries and i get a substantial increase in run time.

I get full steer with no rubbing and full suspension travel. Its still a work in progress but I felt it was ready to start showing off and sparking some other people to mod their bits.

Enjoy,
STG
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: Micro terrain to micro rally

Post by sidewinder »

That looks great :-o I was thinking Baja Bug, but I have to admit that looks cool as hell. The micro deans is inspired, and the IR receiver looks right...very cool.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That just looks too cool... but you got me thinking, more voltage might improve the steering enogh on my Boomerang that it might actually be usable. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

The steering seems to be slightly better with the added voltage but with the added weight of the batteries and heavier body its hard to tell. I think your best bet would be to upgrade the magnets. I haven't pulled the front end apart yet to see whats in there.

I used a microsizer two speed PCB in another buggy and the steering didn't seem to improve much, even with the SE cell in it. I remember my older bits that had a voltage upgrade the steering would pop right to left with a good amount of force, these buggies just dont have the balls in the steering department. :sad:

STG
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

Post by redrustbucket »

That's sweet man!
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

Looks sweet!
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Oh damn that's nice!

I know what my next body is gonna be after the Baja Bug is done!
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

is the magnet the same size/shape as bits? would neo magnets make a difference? i think they need a stiffer front spring. isnt the bit body a lot heavier?
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

hogjowlz wrote:is the magnet the same size/shape as bits? would neo magnets make a difference? i think they need a stiffer front spring. isnt the bit body a lot heavier?
I haven't cracked open the front to see what magnets are used. I'm sure its something that can be modified if it isn't the same. I stretched the front springs a little to make them stiffer but for me they seem to work just fine. The body is heavier but so is the extra cell that I added. Having a little more juice seems to offset the weight.

STG
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

Looks very good man! You know I'm a fan of the Rally's too! I'm jealous! Hows the performance in the dirt with those tires?
[]D [] []V[] []D
kirbenvost
bitHood

Post by kirbenvost »

Wow, sweet custom job. I wish they'd make something like this available at retail, I'm not that skilled in the mod department.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

How about pics of the body mounts?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'