Alloy Rims Installation Tutorial

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Alloy Rims Installation Tutorial

Post by CaboWabo »

I've finally wrote a tutorial on the alloy rims installation, using the new alloys a lot of us just got out of the first huge group buy.
Instead of reposting it all here, I'll just give ya the link to the tutorial in our Articles section:
Alloy Rim Installation
Last edited by CaboWabo on Mon May 14, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

Nice tute man. Any good tips on how to re-connect reg Char G rims and gears? or should just follow same gluing technique? My gears slip cause I tried to change the rims and the gear came unglued. I tried using plastic/model cement but it holds for a min r 2 but then releases again.

Should I just get some Krazy Glue and try again or is there a better method?
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

#%^& %^@#$%^ #$%^ @#$%@#$% @#$%@#$......

:bowdown:

ph2t.
Havok
OlD SkOoL
Location: I just moved to San Diego CA...wassup west coast peeps

Post by Havok »

Great tutorial Cabo ;-) :grin:
.....P.I.M.P. stands fo' put it in my pocket....
Say Word!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

thanks guys.
hope it helps.

yea stoli, you should use the same technique, should work out okay.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

hey by the way...
where's everyone's sled's with new shoes (look at all those apostrophe's!)?
there was a bunch of us who ordered em...
but I've only seen 3 cars I believe actually sporting them...

what gives? :???:

I wanna see more styles of rims on your dope rides :-)
might help others in deciding for future purchases too
Havok
OlD SkOoL
Location: I just moved to San Diego CA...wassup west coast peeps

Post by Havok »

What and spoil the suprise? he he he :razz:
.....P.I.M.P. stands fo' put it in my pocket....
Say Word!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

:lol: yea you're right
I've already got all 3 of my sets done - once ya seen em, you've seen em all right? lol :wink:
froogazzi

Post by froogazzi »

i got a ZZ and MS, i want to full wheel my car, but i dont kno what ones to buy, like brand names tht would fit both cars, i see some phat ass rims, but they a lil 2 big, but i dont kno what ones i should use any suggestions?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

well I guess I'd have to suggest 9 mm then instead of 10 mm rims for alloys like you see in the tutorial.
LiL_Mike
bitHood

Just Wondering.

Post by LiL_Mike »

I presume these are made for bits/microsizers, but could you use the larger back tires on a ZZ.

Cool tut tho'

:puter: i HATE AOL!!!
Mike's Bit o' Philosophy:
nice.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

those particular alloys are made for H/O slot cars I believe, we just used em for the bits and yea you should be able to use them on a zipzap as well
chepillo

Post by chepillo »

Cabo, men, where can I buy that rims I have been looking for it long time ago, and I didn't find where to buy by internet.

If you can tell me I'll thank you.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I just got some alloys from the EZ buy I just did and plan on using them real soon!! So I read your article on how to install them. Well, to say the article was helpful would be a terrible understatement!!!!!

It was perfect!!! :smile: :cool: