Lowering a ZZSE body

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
rcrally
bitThug

Lowering a ZZSE body

Post by rcrally »

I was trying to lower the zzse body for my zzse and lowered the front 1-2mm at most by cutting the front clip. I tried further lowering the body will bend the front of the chassis and causes the steering problem. Anyone have any idea for lowering zzse body?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Re: Lowering a ZZSE body

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Lots of trimin' and shavin'. I think from what I gathered from what you said (a little proofreading goes a long way) your steering problem is the wheels rubbing on the body. It looks like you need to trim the backside of the front wheel wells. The wheelbase looks a little short for the body in your pictures which is odd. You can try gouging out the front slot a little more or taking a LITTLE bit off the front tab. Either way the body will sit a little further forward on the chassis. You could just get rid of the tabs altogether and just a side-mounting method to get the body lower. Don't forget to lower the rear too. :-o
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
rcrally
bitThug

Re: Lowering a ZZSE body

Post by rcrally »

Thanks you for your comment. I think the steering problem is not caused by wheels rubbing because there are still some space between fender and tire. I found out the front and rear tabs are too tight to mount on the body and cause the front part of chassis bend. The servo cannot move. (you may try to add some pressure to the front and rear of chassis with thumb and index fingers. servo can hardly move) I would try to cut more the rear tab and hope it help.

Another limitation is the pcb of zzse and light set pcb. They are too big but I don't wanna give up the lights. Maybe the light set pcb can move to the front.

I don't want any chopping for the chassis coz i have other body don't wanna mod. The stock front and rear bumper don't perfectly attach to the body so the wheelbase looks little short for the body.