how do I do ground effects?

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

how do I do ground effects?

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Can anyone post a tutorial on how to do this mod i.e. materials to use and stuff like that. I love how that skyline spyder looks. I would like to have that mod as an option in my arsenal :) .

Thanx guys
synj
bitGangsta'

easy:

Post by synj »

follow this link:

http://zipzaps.com/zzTips.asp

it should be in that list

no peace,

synj
Colin4371

Post by Colin4371 »

i think by ground affects he means a body kit. for a body kit, i just cut out a strip of a credit card to my desired ride height, heat it up with a candle and bend it to the contours of the front end e.g where it wraps around to the fenders. cut it to size, glue it on, then use Bondo Auto Body Filler to fill in the cracks, sand smooth, and voila!
Lito

Post by Lito »

eh? i thought ground effects meant like neons or something..im not completely sure but..what ever. have any of you tried customizing modifiers? for that i used LEDS to get the ground effects..or what ever another word for neons is. :???:
Speed kills....I guess ill die young..
filelicker
bitNinja

Post by filelicker »

nothing on ground effects at the zz site. i checked :sad:
People are like slinkies..... they are the most fun when you push them down stairs.
N2O

Post by N2O »

ok ive stopped!
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

i have just done something similar, but i am doing it to the front to create neon green headlights on my monster Bb.

i got these flouro 2mm x 25mm plastic rods from a freind. (from warhammer 40,000 necron warriors) trimmed the rod in two and dremmeled out the headlamps of the Bb. these rod could fit snugly into the sides of the shell as well.

second peice of hard to find equipment is the UV (purple blacklight) led keyring. i figured i should stop lighting up chickies bras at parties with it :eek: (tooo much trouble from GF) and put it to good use. so its going under the cab to flourese the peices of rod.

best bit is that the rods go bright green and the extra purple lighting washes down under the sides of the shell.

i'll get some pics up soon.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

now DAT'S pimpin!! i gotta do that :cool:
i used to be cool
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

this is the head lamps in action. the batteries are a bit run down so they arnt as bright. with new batteries it will be twice the brightness.

this is the underside of the shell showing the u-v set up.

and without the light, these are the new wheel wells. they fit the globe set up perfectly. 8)

AARRRGH!!! MY EYESSSSS!!!!! 8-)
Last edited by z-beam on Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Nice stuff Z, tha looks tight. One thing tho, can you post bigger pics? :grin: Would really like to see exactly what you did.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

the glow from the side.

k finks, you know its mine. i did it first. dont spread dis' too funky shit over to anyother site just yet!

heres my webshots community page.

http://community.webshots.com/album/116292953dEXcgc/4
or from the start
http://community.webshots.com/album/116292953dEXcgc/0
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Z I am lovin this ride!
You have some mad wips there bro, you should show em off at the Hood.
As far as that mod goes, great idea for a monster truck, seems straight forward, but doubt it would be as easy for a regular car.
Suck My Bits
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

the u-v set up could be stripped down and a rubber band could be used to keep it all together. then depending on proficiency the led could be positioned (esp. in a clear super perfection body) so that it sheds light directly onto the flouro bars (what i did).

OR using fibre optics attached to the globe's front the light could be directed to any position. i.e. into the ends of flouro bars, individual fibres separated to point down in between the wheels like real cars do and maybe even two fibres mounted in the bonnet (you know the squirter jet lights).

you would have to paint any part of the globe black that wasnt being used for fibres with the last method to avoid unwanted light.
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

i only got room in the bitpimps gallery for two pics!

i will do features though when ever i make something new. i feel a bit cheap showin off stuff i made months ago...
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Meh? You only have room for 2 pics? How do you mean, and what's old to you is new to us.
Suck My Bits