CaboWabo's Pullback Mod (Rollin On Dubs)

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

CaboWabo's Pullback Mod (Rollin On Dubs)

Post by CaboWabo »

Last edited by CaboWabo on Mon May 14, 2007 7:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Yagbols
bitGangsta'

Post by Yagbols »

nice tutorial Cabo....does changing the two front wheels to rear ones have an effect on the turning radius?
Shypo
bitPlaya'

Post by Shypo »

lookin damn pimp homes
Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Yea slightly.

It seems that before the pullback mod, my bit turned fine - equally in both directions - the radius wasn't all that bad.

With the front pullback mod on all 4 - everything was fine - the radius was quite smaller. I likey a lot.

With the rear pullback mod on all 4 - everything was fine - the radius was only slightly smaller in comparison to the front mod.

What I haven't had a chance to test yet is what exactly are the major contributing factors. I did all this with a 2.2. There was a speed decrease with either mod, but not much. So I'm guessing the combination of softer, wider tires and a slightly slower bit made such a dramatic increase in turning radius.
Another thing I did was slap a 3.8 up in the chassis. It flew and turning was awesome! My bit appeared much more stable and less likely to roll. On my track I have a slight incline at an odd angle that tweeks the tires in certain direction for just a nano-second. Usually the faster you took the incline, the more of a little hop the bit would do. Not with the pullback mod, I flew right over it no problems, much more stable.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Shypo
bitPlaya'

Post by Shypo »

did the rear pullback rims ever seem to catch on the gaurds Cabo?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Shypo wrote:did the rear pullback rims ever seem to catch on the gaurds Cabo?
"guards"?

if you mean by the railing on the track, no not really - I imagine though driving on it without a body would be terrifying as every other turn your front wheels would get violently turned into the rail once they touched it. The tires are so soft and grippy, it's just be a nightmare without a body.

if you mean by the wheel wells on the body, on the front yea. I sliced into the front wheel wells of the S-2000 I painted to fit the rear pullback modded front wheels while turning. Just sitting there it didn't touch a thing, but turning would lock up the wheel as it would hit the edge of the body. The rear wheels never had problems. Each body has a bit different style to it, so I would imagine on some bodies you may have to trim more or less. The front pullback mod on all 4 didn't require me to cut on my S-2000 or the GT-R 2000, haven't looked at it with the Gloria.
Shypo
bitPlaya'

Post by Shypo »

sorry, yeah i ment the front wheels whells
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

ehh, s'okay, everyone seems to call em something different.

:wink:
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

Sorry had to repy just to get this moved to the top. Mabe you can sticky it so the New German wheel owners can find it easyer.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

good idea, I'll make it sticky icky icky
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Cabo, this tute alone has now made me want to by a pullback, or ten! :eek:

An excellent tutorial, most excellent.....

It's stuff like this that sets bitpimps above a lot of other boards....

ph2t.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

thanks pimp - it's all bout sharin the knowledge!
you know your articles be bangin too.
I'm happy that we have the users we do that share their knowledge, it's the community we gots that helps set us apart.

and you gotta get at least 1 pullback to put up on your bits, the handling is sweet - your next stop... alloys. lol
but the bodies on the pullbacks too, gotta love that old school american muscle car look. matter of fact, I'm goin to go play with mine! lol
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Just ordered 2 pullbacks form toyeast. Gonna be playin' pocket pinball till they arrive. :tired:

ph2t.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

ph2t wrote:Just ordered 2 pullbacks form toyeast. Gonna be playin' pocket pinball till they arrive. :tired:

ph2t.
You won't be dissapointed, and you'll like the pullbacks too..lol

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

:lol: ditto - those pullbacks are da bombastic on a bit!