Alloy rims and tires

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
MBLP

Post by MBLP »

payaso wrote:
MBLP wrote:How is the turning radius on those dubs?

Welcome to the forums dude... The 9 mm rims I have turn perfect.. Almost exactly the same as the stock wheels.... Best car I own.

silla :D
Thanks Payaso :-)
I have read somewere, that the new Tomy Super Collection has a poor turning radius, because the new rims have the same size on the front and back off the car. It was because of that I asked
Hustler 24-7
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

MBLP, welcome to da hood.
I've got the same size rims on a few of my cars.
I gotta say their probably my best shoes, turning radius is tight and consistent, handles like a dream.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
THE #1 PIMP
bitThug

Post by THE #1 PIMP »

i will soon be pimpin wit some those 8.3's on the 1st row from http://www.scala43.com/scala43/rad.htm
race me.You wont win!
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

THE #1 PIMP wrote:i will soon be pimpin wit some those 8.3's on the 1st row from http://www.scala43.com/scala43/rad.htm

You'll be very pleased with them.. Pics when you install them plz...

payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

I just wanted to put in a good word for "Mini Bimmers". That's the New Jersey distributor for Scala. He was able to get the rims and hubs I wanted from Germany and ship them to me. He was easy to work with and mucho help.

Of course they are pricey, but I have yet to see better rims. He charged $16 for 1 set of 4.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

HACHI-RYOKU wrote:Of course they are pricey, but I have yet to see better rims. He charged $16 for 1 set of 4.
Just so ya know, back in the day of the "group buy", most of us paid $15 per set... so, you didn't overpay, especially if the service was great.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Well I'm glad to hear we got another hookup on these. I only got one set and another donated to me, and one was too big, the other too small. Now I know 9mm with pullback tires is ideal.

I also agree with Hue and Superfly about the the fronts being a little to wide and grippy to center properly, and know of at least one set of rims that is much skinnier. I have a set, but they're not mine, they're Havoks, and one of these days I've got to give 'em back. So I'd like to get another. Not sure what # they were, but I'll take picture of them later for you guys.

What happened to those one alloys that those Germans were getting that were made especially for bits? They had a like a 5 hole design and looked really performance oriented. I think the were called CW Erwines?

I want a hook up on those.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

crazydave wrote:What happened to those one alloys that those Germans were getting that were made especially for bits? They had a like a 5 hole design and looked really performance oriented. I think the were called CW Erwines?

I want a hook up on those.
I asked the german modder Luckyyy what the deal was with the crwrene alloys, and he told me that crwrene is some dudes username on a bunch of german, french whatever european bit forums who machined a bunch of sets of alloys for bits, some 5 hole, some no hole... whatever, a few styles... he sold every last set...

I keep trying to watch the german "buy sell trade" forums in hopes that someone will want to part with a set... no luck.

That JAC4412 and a half kid or whatever his name is that is on wgu and Rips... the kid that posted the Panther Chariot review here... I'm not sure where he got that ride, I think maybe Sinned or someone, almost positive he got it from a german... it had crwrene alloys on it... lucky bastard.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Bird wrote:That JAC4412 and a half kid or whatever his name is that is on wgu and Rips... the kid that posted the Panther Chariot review here... I'm not sure where he got that ride, I think maybe Sinned or someone, almost positive he got it from a german... it had crwrene alloys on it... lucky bastard.
Alright, I know he's hanging around here somewhere, let's get him. :???:

I'll distract him, you jump him and snag his alloys.

(ok it's crwrene, I was close enough. :lol: )
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

crazydave wrote:I'll distract him, you jump him and snag his alloys.
OK let's do it... but, then what? Share them? You get them a few days then I get them a few days? That could go baaaad... shit like that always goes bad... 'specially with some pimp-ass rims like that... it could get ugly lol...

Nah... if we did that, I'd have to let you have them... You're the one with the nice rides...

I'm thinking maybe we could try to contact dude and see if he'd give up a copy of the CNC program or something... or maybe we could get someone to write us up a CNC program kinda like guys were talking about back before you guys did the first group buy of Scalas... that way we'd have creative control of the product... hog keeps saying he might have a machinist hook-up...

:???:
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I bought some alloys from "mini bimmers" about 2 years ago, and they are too big, but that was before he was really into it, and I bought his second to last sets. The good thing is that they're so big, they'd be perfect for an Epoch, so that's what they'll be on before too long.

I have 2 sets of the German alloys with the nub on the wheel. (not crwene<sp?) these are from the OG german website. I also have 2 sets of the Scala rims.. All are great, but the German one are made to fit, and they fit like a glove.

payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i got a set a while back from voodoo mafia :-) . they were a breeze to install, run smooth as silk and look phat. use many, buy lots! :cool:
i used to be cool