Alloy rims and tires

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
payaso
bitPimp

Alloy rims and tires

Post by payaso »

I've read in other threads in other forums about these alloy bit rims from the German site, and about how nice they are, and about how much they improve handling, and this, that, and the other thing, and for pros only, and blah blah blah......

I was lucky enough to aquire a couple sets of these rims and tires through a friend of mine in Germany, and they are this, that, and the other thing, and a bag of chips. I guess they have re-designed them to be easier to install, because there's no more drilling involved.

Image Image

The tools required for this job are: X-acto knife, superglue, wire cutters, and a phone book.

The parts required for this job are: Metal stock from your local hobby shop, and small nails.

Start by taking your back wheels off your chassis. Next you want to pull the plastic wheels off the axle. The only thing you'll be using from them is the gear, so be careful removing it off the axle.

After you get the gear off, you can start the assembly process. You will need to cut a new axle for this mod. The one originally on the bit is too long and fat because of the nubs that hold the plastic wheel on. Cut your new axle to exactly 1 inch, put the gear on, and push the wheels on to see where they need to be glued. They should be snug to the chassis, but not too snug. Very little play. After you do this, glue the rims in place with the gear in the middle. When the glue is dry, slide the gear to the left side and glue it in place. It's that easy...

Image Image

When installing the metal hubs, (if you plan on painting them leave them in their holder) simply snip them out of the holder, take a toothpick with very little glue on it and dab the inside of the rim where the hub rests. If you need to use something to push the hub down in, you can use an eraser (new one) on the end of a pencil.

For the front wheels, all you need are the steering knuckles. This is where the phone book comes in handy. Drill a small hole in the middle of the book just a little bigger than the pin in the wheel. This is for removing the pins. Turn the wheel over to where the pin is over the hole. Take a piece of stock and push the pin out from the opposite side. Be careful when doing this so you don't ruin your knuckles.

The small nails fit perfectly through the holes in the rims, so these will be the new pins. Cut them to the length you want and put a dab of glue on the back side of the knuckles to hold them in place and Ta Dow, How ya like me now? My sled is cherried out...

Some bodies work better than others with this mod, so if you're having trouble steering with the body on, try trimming a little bit of the wheel wells out with the X-acto blade just enough till they clear it.

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

Yo them wheels are straight pimpn' dog... I never get tired of lookin at those.
Thanks for the tutorial... now alls I gots to do is figure out how to get em' :wink:
:rockon:
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

It's crystal clear that so many people want these rims... I can't believe they're still this hard to get..

You know when you can get some powdered black rhino horn easier than a part for a little rc car somethin's whacked out...lol

Thanks for the props kwik.

silla

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Shypo
bitPlaya'

Post by Shypo »

i got a set of the BBS loch 4 rims in gold, absoultey off da hook. make my car go sooo nicely and it looks just []D [] []V[] []D
Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Shypo wrote:i got a set of the BBS loch 4 rims in gold, absoultey off da hook. make my car go sooo nicely and it looks just []D [] []V[] []D
What body are you using on the chassis?

silla

MythosGR
bitHood

Post by MythosGR »

great job payaso...

Do you think that you could find another set of rims?
I leave in greece so shipment from Germany to Greece should be close to nothing...Do you think that you can help in that?

Plz...
Shypo
bitPlaya'

Post by Shypo »

Payaso:
white gloria with tinted windows and golden grill 8) 8)
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Shypo wrote:Payaso:
white gloria with tinted windows and golden grill 8) 8)
Sweet... I'm doing another one in black with a silver grille and highlights. The rims are gonna look outta sight on this jobby job..

silla

payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

MythosGR wrote:great job payaso...

I leave in greece so shipment from Germany to Greece should be close to nothing...Do you think that you can help in that?

Plz...
I'm gonna buy a calling card to call my friend over there and see if she can hook a brotha up.. I should know something by Tues. I'll keep you guys informed.

silla

kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

payaso wrote:
MythosGR wrote:great job payaso...

Plz...
I'm gonna buy a calling card to call my friend over there and see if she can hook a brotha up.. I should know something by Tues. I'll keep you guys informed.

silla
You da man! Yo the though of 'flossin dem dubs'... mmm makin me all tingly an $hit. :P
MythosGR
bitHood

Post by MythosGR »

Man you are the top!
I would be ,ore than greatful if you could do it for me!!!

Everyone has to love the Gloria's

P.S:Check out the new pic I've posted...man Gloria Rulez
Shypo
bitPlaya'

Post by Shypo »

man i'd kill fo another set of dem rims, i love mine sooo much. they make my car look sooooo sweet
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Shypo wrote:man i'd kill fo another set of dem rims, i love mine sooo much. they make my car look sooooo sweet
I have a set of the BBS 4 LOCH rims like you and I just finished em, so I'll put the pics up tonight... Shits pimp..

silla

kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

payaso wrote:
Shypo wrote:man i'd kill fo another set of dem rims, i love mine sooo much. they make my car look sooooo sweet
I have a set of the BBS 4 LOCH rims like you and I just finished em, so I'll put the pics up tonight... Shits pimp..

silla
"Pimps 4 Life"... lol
I gotta get that on a T-shirt 8)
MythosGR
bitHood

Post by MythosGR »

PICS PICS PICS PICS...
We want the pics...

I hope it's gold bbs on a white or black body...that would be cool...

Did I metnioned that? : POTS PICS!!!!!!!
LoL