Alloy rims and tires

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Shypo
bitPlaya'

Post by Shypo »

damn bastards
Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Do they come with metal wheels or are they plastic?

And what about the tires? Are they rubber?

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
MythosGR
bitHood

Post by MythosGR »

Payaso I think I can answer your question...

The HW 100% series has the most awesome wheels on 1:64 diecast..THe rim is plastic and the tire is rubber(but it's a bit hard...no grip:()...but the rims are so awesome...and another bad thing is that if you buy one of them is a so cool little model that you might not want to tear it appart...lot's of details great paint and great quality....for about 10$ I think...

Hope I helped a bit!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

the ones i saw(im pretty sure those are it) were at target for 3.50$ i woulda got one but i already felt dumb for gettin a microsizer.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

hogjowlz wrote:the ones i saw(im pretty sure those are it) were at target for 3.50$ i woulda got one but i already felt dumb for gettin a microsizer.
you really like those cars don't you? :)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Shypo
bitPlaya'

Post by Shypo »

dems sum pretty Fat old school cars :)
Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

You know, I just MIGHT be sick enough in the head to go ahead and TEACH MYSELF enough about engineering and then BUY the lathe and such equipment just make those damned Nazi rims man! :shock:

Don't temp me goddamit! DON'T temp me!
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

How about a Dare huh... I Dare you lol!
:rockon:
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

hmm.
my brother is a mechanical engineer nerd guy. he builds cranes. he knows people wif machane chops mang.

i made my mom get him a clone for xmas. with a little coaxing and some money to pay the guy with the laithe i bet we could get these made. also he lives in toledo which aint far from annarbor where tinyrc lives.(easy distribution)

he would either need a cad drawing or a sample so he can draw it up. doing the tires for it i dono bout that.

if you are at least semi serious ill talk to him.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Namuna wrote:You know, I just MIGHT be sick enough in the head to go ahead and TEACH MYSELF enough about engineering and then BUY the lathe and such equipment just make those damned Nazi rims man! :shock:

Don't temp me goddamit! DON'T temp me!
If you or hogjowlz think there's a possibility of this really happening, I'll tear a set off my car and send em to you for a sample to do the laithe work. All the rims only come in two shapes. 3 regular rims and one with the nub for opposite the gear in back. If you can also figure out a way to do the photo etched hubs that they bring, I'll send those also... Let me know...

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ill try to get hold of him tonight.

someone is gona have to pay to have it done. i have no clue what its gona run you to do but im sure its gona be expensive for the first one and pennies for each after. the center things i dono if thats his dept or you can find something to rig yourself. ill send him the link to all this crap tho.

so how does your ride perform with thes on? faster slower? easier to steer?
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

actually the center things i think i know a guy who could do that. he casts pins(motorcycle shaped) so im sure he could do that.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Alright pimps and pimpettes, I've gone an done it.

I'm gearing up on the tools and how-tos...That's just the rims though, that's only 1 out of 3

The tires should only be a matter of making molds.

That etched sheet is the bitch of the bunch though, I'm off to figure out the deal on that.
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

Outstanding new's... can't wait for the write-up!
:rockon: