Get That Nasty Paint Off Your Rims

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Get That Nasty Paint Off Your Rims

Post by CaboWabo »

dunno if anyone else has run into this problem or solution, but here it is anyway:

Aight, so the other night I had the brilliant idea of painting my rims a metallic lime gold...
turned out like dog poop - had to get rid of the paint.
So my next hassle was what to use to get the crappy paint off without ruining the plastic rims...
Viola!
Easy Off Oven Cleaner™, worked awesome, got all the paint off and didn't ruin the rims at all!
YAW!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
noxorc
bitPimp

Re: Get That Nasty Paint Off Your Rims

Post by noxorc »

CaboWabo wrote: Easy Off Oven Cleaner™, worked awesome, got all the paint off and didn't ruin the rims at all!
YAW!
sounds like the wife's got you trained.... get back to the chems....

-nox

ps.. nothing.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

the chems are safer at that point, I would got maced in the face with Easy Off if woulda tried any funny business! lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

back to your real post...

did it restore the chrome to original quality?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

actually no it ate that off too, as I wanted it too.
I really mangled those rims trying to smooth out the crevises with the x-acto knife.
PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpIke »

Yo i figured sometin out. Axe, which is a deodorant, gets Sharpied off dem Plastic stuff. You gotta let it sit for like 10 secs, den rub it really hard wit a papa dowel. Do that conzecutivly undil da permanant marker comes off. Worked for me.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

good tip pimp, and welcome aboard!
PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpIke »

eh cabo, on tinyrc i was SubaruWRXSti. Since then i have totalled my Subaru Body, and have only 1 body, a fairlady booster chassis, and a microsizer sport. Where do you think i can order some of dat blingin' crap ya got. Like i wanna order 2 glorias, and a few pullbacks. Thanks Pimpbrotha.

-PimpIke :!:
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ike :wink:

well you cant get al of those at toys r us but they have body kits for cheap. toyeast.com or ebay has everything you need.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

I was just removing some paint myself..
paint thinner works right down to the original surface.

(removing the stripes again on the HS2k, (yet again))

-nox
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I use www.toy-island.com for a lot. They're good, reliable, and fast.
Like hog says though, the other places you can find em there too, hope that helps ya out playa.
PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpIke »

i prob go with dem toyeast or toyisland like yo said cabo. Dem toyeast got some maja shippin' shiet but dem rel relible. i ordered shietlod of parts b/4 and 3 bits from dem b/4 but now i want some pimpin' pullback glorias!
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

PimpIke wrote:i prob go with dem toyeast or toyisland like yo said cabo. Dem toyeast got some maja shippin' shiet but dem rel relible. i ordered shietlod of parts b/4 and 3 bits from dem b/4 but now i want some pimpin' pullback glorias!
Glorias only come in the body sets. No pullback Glorias. Sorry

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpIke »

Yo payaso i mean that you can take off the body from the pullback and then smack on a green or gunmetal gloria, (toungetwista) and then its a pull back !
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

PimpIke wrote:Yo payaso i mean that you can take off the body from the pullback and then smack on a green or gunmetal gloria, (toungetwista) and then its a pull back !
Sweet G... I think you'd be happier if you put the pullback wheels on a Gloria bit though. Either way, the Gloria is one hot ride.

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein