Rally Bit mods

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Josh

Rally Bit mods

Post by Josh »

Has anyone made a rally bit with bigger tires and a body with rally paint job. My idea is to use the subaru wrx bit body with motorworks knobbies. It would be even better with suspension springs. Has anyone done anything like this? I want to do it but I don't have a motorworks car and I can't see spending $10 for some tires because I hear the steering on the cars suck.
I just like to race.

I am Jtskty at Tinyrc.com
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

I have a motorworks with zipzap wheels that I rotate several different looks on, and one of the ones that I run the most is the Subie WRX rally look....

I have the off road motorworks tires, but I never use them, because this car never leaves the kitchen(the open front end just invites debris in to gunk up the steering), and I'm saving them for something else. crazydave has used those tires on his baja bits, though, and those get played with outside.

By the way, Welcome to da hood.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

yo josh, welcome aboard :-) i sorta kinda made a rally bit once,

scooch down to my homepage for a few pointers
i used to be cool
Josh

Post by Josh »

Yes I have seen bettyk's awesome bit monsters before but I was thinking of more of a rally car. A little lower to the ground than his monsters but still able to ride carpet, take jumps, and go outside. Bird your car is pretty much exactly what I was going to do. All you need on there is a nice rally paint job.

Thanks for the welcome. I am coming from tinyrc. My name there was Jtskty.

:-)
I just like to race.

I am Jtskty at Tinyrc.com
stampede_dude
bitNinja

hey

Post by stampede_dude »

this guy has a rally subie his name on here is grnmchnrcr or something like that. here is where he got his tires and rims and stuff, he is selling them in the selling forum here i believe.

here is a picture of the tires and rims on his subie-

http://www.microrccenter.com/forum/inde ... opic=25173
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, I use those Motorworks tires in the dirt, and they work great. They work great on smooth surfaces too, because it's some good grippy rubber.

I'll tell ya, in my experience the Motorworks cars do have crappy steering, but buy it, play with it a month or so. Practice detailing and modding on the body. Take it apart fiddle with the steering try to make it work right until you break it. Then write it off as a learning experience, and enjoy your cool stand alone charger/display case, and maybe get the appropriate wall wart, to make it a nice wall charger. Try the tires and wheels on your other cars. Maybe put that hardwired motor in your SE's steering, and see what happens. Didn't do much for me but make the steering super fast, too fast, but you might like that.

In the end I think you get your 10 bucks worth. Spare parts are cool to have, they might sit there for 6 months before you realize what you need them for, but when I needed some tires for my Project:Prostocker, I found some Motorworks ones laying around that were perfect.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"