HO slot car mod...

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
custombitbodys
bitThug

HO slot car mod...

Post by custombitbodys »

ok, i started a while ago. but im working on modifying a bit to accept a slot car motor and rear axle.. i have the rear axle in the car now, but the motor is a bit long to fit inside the chassis, so im installing it at an angle.. it may make my car more tippy.. but i might do a wheel extention if needed.. this would work perfect in a zip zap... for batterys im using a cordless phone battery. its 3 cells now, but i plan on buying 2 of them and chopping them up and placing two cells on each side for balance.. its gonna be a tight fit.. this motor is the ultimate torque monster!!! 3 cells spinns it pretty dam fast. and 4 is even better.. although i would love to be able to hook up a 9v to it..im trying not to fry anything!!

i will probably start with 3 cells first.. i will post more pics later. i have taken a bunch already.. so far its looking pretty mean.. i have to pick up some new silicone stickys (tires) at the hobby store today... (another dollar outa of my budget..
bodys for sale. ferari 250 gto, Micro Cooper, lemans 320i turbo, . plus many more email me: custombitbodys@comcast.net
http://custombitbodys.home.comcast.net
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

www.batteriesamerica.com

a custom mod like that deserves lithium polymer if you ask me.
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

that wouldnt really give me any benifits. and would cost a lot more. its not gonna get me any more voltage. it may get me longer running times... but would probably only work in a zip zap, or an extended bit.

this motor would be excellent for a drag bit. i just need to figure out how to get 8-9v to it... hell even at 4.8v its gonna scream...
bodys for sale. ferari 250 gto, Micro Cooper, lemans 320i turbo, . plus many more email me: custombitbodys@comcast.net
http://custombitbodys.home.comcast.net