Resin Molding - Sculpting Your Own

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Resin Molding - Sculpting Your Own

Post by CaboWabo »

Anyone ever tried to sculpt their own body from some sort of resin?
did ya dremel?
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

From CustomBitBodies. These are the instructions he gave me to do my diecast bit bodies awhile ago

use a molding latex (10.99 usd)- brush on several coats of latex, peel off and then you can pour resin (10.99 usd) in the latex mold. now you have a mold that could be used in a vaccum forming machine.. these machines are expensive.. if you dont have access to one, you could try to make a homemade machine, but i have yet to hear of anyone having any success with them. shipping to the states should not be to much if when you send it you declare it as a gift. since i already have the equipment to do it all i would be happy to give it a try for you if you ship it to me..

the other option... since your body is already diecast, you should be able to heat it up. so get yourself some lexan, or clear plastic.. similar to a 2-liter bottle of soda. and place it in the oven on top of your body. and hope gravity pulls the plastic down around the car. the only downfall here is that the corners of the car, may crease.

the other thing you might want to try is using that latex mold from above, and just painting the resin onto the mold, im not sure if this will work, or how many coats you would have to use to get a good firm body. but again.. its worth a try.

Hope that helps bro :twisted:
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

Stoli wrote:From CustomBitBodies. These are the instructions he gave me to do my diecast bit bodies awhile ago

use a molding latex (10.99 usd)- brush on several coats of latex, peel off and then you can pour resin (10.99 usd) in the latex mold. now you have a mold that could be used in a vaccum forming machine.. these machines are expensive.. if you dont have access to one, you could try to make a homemade machine, but i have yet to hear of anyone having any success with them. shipping to the states should not be to much if when you send it you declare it as a gift. since i already have the equipment to do it all i would be happy to give it a try for you if you ship it to me..

the other option... since your body is already diecast, you should be able to heat it up. so get yourself some lexan, or clear plastic.. similar to a 2-liter bottle of soda. and place it in the oven on top of your body. and hope gravity pulls the plastic down around the car. the only downfall here is that the corners of the car, may crease.

the other thing you might want to try is using that latex mold from above, and just painting the resin onto the mold, im not sure if this will work, or how many coats you would have to use to get a good firm body. but again.. its worth a try.

Hope that helps bro :twisted:
$hit Stoli, that's the most I've ever seen you type.
do I have to read it? lol
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

excellent, thanks for the tip Stoli ;)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

Fudge dat dOOd I didn't type shiat. Copy and paste from PM! :roll:
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

Stoli wrote:Fudge dat dOOd I didn't type shiat. Copy and paste from PM! :roll:
that sounds more like ya buddy... minimal effort with maximum gain.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

dats right. Laziness iz in deez jeans. But if you accually look at most of my posts usually there lengthy and elaborated upon. I love to talk.

LOL
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

Stoli wrote:I love to talk.

LOL
You will make a great Father-in-law.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

well maybe but I dunno if my 10 month old is getting hitched anytime soon LOL
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

here is the results of using the silicone cast.. and resin pouring.
bodys for sale. ferari 250 gto, Micro Cooper, lemans 320i turbo, . plus many more email me: custombitbodys@comcast.net
http://custombitbodys.home.comcast.net
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

That's some nice shit cbb. :shock:
That woody came out awesome.
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

sessiz: keep your feelings about his woody to yourself :tits:
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Oh damn I see ya boobs and now I gots a woody. :twisted:
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
skylinepimpinR34
bitPlaya'

Post by skylinepimpinR34 »

you could use an air conditioner instead of an oven. It melts plastic slowly but you can moniter it
Big pimpin in my skyline