Sunroof and rolled down windows Tutorial

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Finks
bitPimp

Sunroof and rolled down windows Tutorial

Post by Finks »

I know this is pretty basic, but people asked how I did what I did to my bits to give them that, "it's summer and fuckin hot out and damn, I aint got no AC" look.

1st off, I cannot take credit for this mod. It was either Crazy Dave or Dark Tari that inspider me. Can't be 100% because the insperation came from a bit that they both modded and currently gaces my collection.

OK well the most important thing here is to use the right tools. Of course you could opt for the good old exacto knife, but trust me, your fingers will love you if you use a dremmel. This bit is hands down your best option for this and many other mods.

I, like many other of my fellow pimps use the eyeball method, but if you like you can dust off the old ruler and possibly get better results. So first off I suggest dremmeling out the windows. Don't go to close to the edge, but get out enough so that later you can clean it all up with an exacto knife. Also, pay close attention to the detail of the car so that you can get a nice relistic look.

Once you have done the 2-4 windows and are comfortable now is the time to take the plunge and hollow out that roof. Get an idea of where the sunroof would normally be and keep in mind that in 1:1 the sunroof needs to go somewhere so don't make that hole too big. Again just take out what you need to go back in there w/ an exacto knife.

Once all your holes are drilled go in w/ you knife and slowly cut away the excess plastic.

Now go in and clean it all up. Sand lightly w/ smooth sand paper if needed.

Tada that's about it. I personally like to go all the way and add the black rubber trim to my rides, hence the black paint but there you have it. Your final result could look like this.

This is a great excuse to hack up a beater shell just to get your dremmel skills down. That's what I did, ooh I should post the pic of that RX7 here, will do that later. :edit: Here she is. Ask any Pimp w/ mad skills, we have all destroyed bits to get to where we are, wether it's paint, cutting shells or melting down PCBs.

Edit: Stickied this mutha - CaboWabo
Last edited by Finks on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

i wonder what a window rolled down halfway would look like? :???:
[]D [] []V[] []D
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

civicsr2cool wrote:i wonder what a window rolled down halfway would look like? :???:
Ask and you shall recive. From one of the best modders I have ever seen, Miva. RIP my Polish brother (cuz you all know that pimp is 6 feet under to not have finished this sick ride)
Suck My Bits
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

wow that is nice! :lol:
[]D [] []V[] []D
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Damn you!! :x

I was just grabbin' that pic to put it up here too. :-)

Can't forget one of the truely great rides that never got finished. :bowdown:
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Hehehe SG

Come to think of it, this was the 1st place I ever saw this mod done. Not to derail, but click this link to relive this amazing build.

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... arosa+miva

Even tho it's a year old I am still amazed at what he did.
Suck My Bits
JDM-R34
bitGangsta'

Post by JDM-R34 »

Thats nice a nice Skyline, and Miva's car is amazing, but whatever happened to him?
DRIFT HAPPENS
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

No one knows. Read the thread and you will know as much as we do.
Suck My Bits
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I've read that thread a few times and still don't get why he bailed. Thinkin' we overlooked a hint or something. :-?

It is a good read though. I highly suggest anyone who hasn't read it from the beginning, to do so. :good: