Moded Ferrari Again wid a update #6

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Moded Ferrari Again wid a update #6

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I saw this Ferrari that was moded by Miva Well many here thought the car was awesome and well Miva disappeared before the car was finished. I happened to get the same body off of eBay. I really wanted to see what Miva’s Ferrari would look like finished so I started modding it based on his work.

I have cut out most of what needs to be cut away and sanded down the body for the first sand.

Now I am going to attach the new side panels and cut out the top and sides letting the windows down (like the are rolled down part way) I will also have to drop the body with a tab lowering job (like Miva’s) once I get to the point Miva left off looks like I will have to wing it.

Will see……..

Attached is the pic of Miva’s Car where he left off and then mine where it is right now.

Last edited by steelwoolghandi on Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

I agree, thats a hot car to emulate. Looking good so far

STG
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

It's almost 1am....

Are you done yet? :lol:

I think the anticipation might kill me. :walking:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

good luck with that one man!! thems biiiiig shoes to fill :eek:
i used to be cool
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

This will be VERY interesting. You have my attention, and with the mods you have done recently, I think we may just well see Mivas vision finally completed (then again, I liked all 3 of the new Star Wars movies so who am I to judge emulating a classic? :-? )
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Well update Number 1 is here I added the side pieces and have the rough cut out for the windows and removed roof. The front air scoop is on and puttied but needs to be sanded along with a few others parts. Much more sanding to do but hey that’s what sandpaper is for.

This has been a lot harder then I thought now I know what Miva went thru… :?

My other hangout! R7R
micromatch
bitGangsta'

Post by micromatch »

:) that ride is looking pimpin :) [/b]
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

ok cleaned it up a little bit so you can see whats up I lowered the body like Miva and well did not like the front end it was not going right so tore it apart and did it better. more sanding is needed and the back is much wider so will have to add wider wheels.

I was planing on adding wider wheels and tires anyway as it will look much cooler and more real.

Ya'll know any comments on how to make it better is appreciated I like to hear from ya! :-) Let me know if its :o or :-o

Oh I also evened up the windows as I they were off (looked like they were pointing up now they look more like Miva's. One reason it still does not look just like Miva's is the color is still on mine I have sanded the red to allow for the primer but did not sand it all off did not see any reason too. :???:
My other hangout! R7R
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Its looking really nice man,, Here is a shot that may help everyone compair the two cars rather than having to scroll up and down :-o

What are you going to do about the headlights?

STG
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

:-o

Only a :? would say :o

About the headlights, how about you poke a LED out of both ?
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

:-o the only problem that may be their is that your rear kit is wider? it may only seem that way though because his is perfectly sanded down and you have extra putty? :???:
[]D [] []V[] []D
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

First coat of primer this gives the car a little more dimension and tells me where I need to touch it up with putty and sanding. This car is wider in the back then Miva’s I used thicker plastic so I had to add wider wheels (which is fine because I think the wider wheels will look better. I put on these wheels and tires but don’t think I will keep them on as I don’t like the looks of them I want some aluminum looking rims so its off to the toy store to find some. :driving:

I added back the bodylines and plan to putty and prime some more and also to build the fake motor in the back.

The lights will be filled in with Plexi-glass like Miva did but saving that till the last.

Here is some more pic’s….

My other hangout! R7R
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

lookin good like fried chicken holmes.
can't wait to see what you do to the rear end. :smile:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

i cant wait till that thing's done =] what color is it gonna be?
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

what color is it gonna be?
Not sure I am open for suggestions I was not sure where to go once I got it as far as Miva did now its all winging it. :?
My other hangout! R7R