full suspension rally evo

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

full suspension rally evo

Post by civicsr2cool »

:-D i mocked up a evo just like sport tracs but i did it my way. have a looksee.
looks normal right ? just has some motorworks offroad tires and a pirty pair of rims.

now with a little shove i can tuck the tires till they slam the fenders

here is a chassis shot with everything all covered up

cb shot showing my slim cell phone earbud charging jack, flipped cb, and relocated cap.

now this one shows the dual cells, shock mounting, and removable xmod shock.

articulation pic

rally mud

very fun to drive but i gotta make the design to have less articulation in the corners cuz high speed turns result in either three wheel turns or barrel rolls :lol:
Last edited by civicsr2cool on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
[]D [] []V[] []D
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Looks really good man! very close to what i did to my evo but i stuffed three cells in there and you are right, just flies.

any chance we can get a shot of the underside? im curious as to how you did it since i dont think i ever posted pics of how i made mine lol

I know what you mean about the articulation, i had to stiffen mine up a bit too, those corners were making it lean a little too much, fixed the problem and now she slides right through them.

Im in the process of stuffing a superslick motor in mine, just that much more rally potential

Keep it up man

STG[/img]
mod_o_matic
bitThug

Post by mod_o_matic »

They look good...maybe bigger tires too?
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

i wonder what itd be like with a ss motor. just plain cazy :-D my up and down travel is similar to yours but i just made one solid tube across with two pins through the side of the chassis glued on so the tube will spin. then drilled through the center of that and put a pin in their to the tube connecting the rear so up and down travel is made along with some articulation.i am thinking about instead of just the one tube putting two so less articulation can occur.
my shock is horizontal and just rests against the motor case. i had originally wanted it diagnal but it seemed too complicated. once i got it done i looked at yours again and finally figured out how yah did it now im kicking myself "y didnt i think of that" :lol:
Last edited by civicsr2cool on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
[]D [] []V[] []D
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

yeah, you could use 2 but i think you would most if not all of your indipendant left and right articulatoin and just have the up and down. There may be a little flex though.
Im in the process of modding in that SS motor as i type. (ive done this twice before on other cars and they are awsome!) I had to wire in 3 capacitors (i do that on all of my SS motors) because of all the electomagnetic interfearance you get with the antenna and the motor. Its hard to squeeze all those things in there and not have them hit the inside of the trunk but i think i managed. I also just stuck some bitpimps decals on the body, ill get pics soon. Oh, one other thing, i had to transplant a microsizer pro (turbo option) pcb in there in place of the stock ZZ pcb since i fried the stock one (long story) . I also had to do that to make room for the extra cell, there is no way you could fit 3 with the huge zz pcb

STG
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

the superslicks are the best for high voltage cars . they never burn out. i use the red one with the red pinion on my lipo car and the motor never gets warm and i beat it badly :lol: regular motors will last maybe 2 runs before they get super hot and fry. just wish i had one of those purple/blue ones :-D it would really fly like the hydroplane. i had one on a fetted se and it purred like crazy but the og is too fast for the foamies on it :-o

[]D [] []V[] []D
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

man, that is a hot looking car, id love to get my hands on one of those. Im thinking about breaking down and getting one of those blue ss motors and trying it out, only problem is i have to buy a body to get it and they get kind of pricy for just a motor.. i may end up doing it though, just for the heck fo it,,, most of the motors i use are the orange and red because those are the ones you can buy in a pack of two.

STG
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

nice collection of cars gang! :-)
i used to be cool
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

got some new rally sponsors.

also working on a new linkage setup(waiting for glue to dry then i will test it :-D )
Last edited by civicsr2cool on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
[]D [] []V[] []D
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

got some issues worked out the new setup but i dont know if im getting the amount of artic. i want. but i can fix that later . the new setup also gives way more strength, i think the old stuff was slightly bending causing side to side play.
well here it is all before the new electronics go into it.
amount of artic. i get :-?
and my fav. part. i can take the rear end off by taking screws off and i can adjust amount of artic by doing this as well :-D
Last edited by civicsr2cool on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
[]D [] []V[] []D
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

got the new electronics in and i can say this-what a diffrence that thing made. these muscle machine pcbs are hella faster :grin: well here are some finished pics
ready to rally
showing switch and the new smaller board
shoved the charging pod between the batts
next project: unfunctional light bar
Last edited by civicsr2cool on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
[]D [] []V[] []D
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

Very nice work you have done to that EVO pimpin.. Maybe I can get you to show me how to make something like that for mine sometime.

Hey STG, You should look into the ZZMT motors instead of a SS motor. They work out just as good and you get more for your money.

Here is a pic of mine for reference. I used the same motor on my Import Tuner car and LBRC used a few on some of his ZZSEs so we can vouch for their performance.

Again really nice work civic.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

thanks for the congtrats. i have tried the mt motors and for high speed cars the ss ones are still better. half the wight and more rpms. but are hell a fast in an already heavy car like an se though :-D

wow that was quick. dropped it 4 feet high onto cement and broke the left bond of ca on the straw and metal shaft.
Last edited by civicsr2cool on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
[]D [] []V[] []D
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Doh! Joining the ranks of hogjowlz and betty.k, your car didn't last long. lol
That's too bad, some nice work you had there.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

itl take prolly 2 seconds to fix cabo dont worry :grin: just unscrew the rear end and reglue it, then off to rally and break more parts. :-o this car was definately not made to be a show car. i already am halfway though my mirrors, the whole outside of my wing is black, and have holes in all my water slides. its hella fun doin it though :screwed:
[]D [] []V[] []D