What color to paint a Lotus Europa?

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
kehern15

What color to paint a Lotus Europa?

Post by kehern15 »

Hello all,

i have just finished registering here. i am kind of a newb, i have been interested in bit for a while, so while visiting thailand over summer vacations i bought a super bit, (lotus europa, white)

here is a pic...

my current thought is to paint it black, and have two red racing stripes down the middle, i am going to paint the rims silver, and the edges of the spoiler silver too. any thoughts? :???:

*i also have and ebay accout and i am selling an "assplunger 2000", if anyone is interested in buying it. i'm upgrading to the larger model :screwed:

keher
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I'm not sure wether to buy or sell? :???:

Fuck it.....SELL!!! :thebird:

Welcome to BP. :-)

Thanks for being interested in the hobby and the forum!!! :-o

Glad your first post was here at BP. :-?

Please feel FREE to SEARCH the forums and picture galleries!!! :search:

Pimp your work here!!! 8-)

But please don't pimp and sell at the same fuckin' time in your first f'n post. :comfort:

Enjoy your stay and have some fruckin' frun!!! :)

I'm sayin' Emereld Green with some gold flake!!! :cool:
kehern15

Post by kehern15 »

hey, i just want to help people who couldnt buy a real bit from japan...
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Lose the yucky spoiler, putty the holes left behind by previously mentioned yucky spoiler, tab lower it, paint it british racing green, and call it a day.

ps we have no problem getting real bits from japan :-)
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Bird wrote:Lose the yucky spoiler, putty the holes left behind by previously mentioned yucky spoiler, tab lower it, paint it british racing green, and call it a day.

ps we have no problem getting real bits from japan :-)

Ditto!

If you check out the Gallery you will see that none of us have any problems getting bits from anywhere! :lol:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

British racing green

:cool:
yakboy
bitPlaya'

Post by yakboy »

British racing green is a good lotus colour but black with gold pinstriping is the classic 70's Lotus racing colours (in the days of players sponsorship), so either would look cool. I've used the gold wheels from the pullback (which is a blue body) and that looks way cool.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

do it like this 8-)
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

OMG!!! :-o :lol:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

kehern15 wrote:hey, i just want to help people who couldnt buy a real bit from japan...
Hey, kehern15, welcome to the boards and its cool that you want t help out, but really, most of us have real bits from Japan, we are the "bitPimps" after all. So don't try to rationalize with the mods when they correct you

We have our rules for a reason. See after 50 post, you've established yourself as a member of the community, and then there are forums you can use especially for buying and selling, as a service for our members. When you try to make a sale in your first post, we don't know that you are not just another ebay seller who figured out a clever way to spam our forum.

These are our rules and if you want to post here, you have to follow them. We have these rules for a reason. We are a nonprofit site. None of the mods or admin are making any money from this site, in fact we put our money into it. So we do not appreciate people using us just to sell their goods.

Get it? I hope so, cause I'm not gonna go over it again.

With that said, I agree with Superfly, British racing green, with a red racing stripe off set one side, and round number plates. I'd like to see it become a classic race car.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Hey, kehern15, welcome to the boards and its cool that you want t help out, but really, most of us have real bits from Japan, we are the "bitPimps" after all. So don't try to rationalize with the mods when they correct you
Tru Dat Dave ! And if we don't, we damn sure know how/where to get'em :cool:
kehern15

Post by kehern15 »

hey guys,

im REALLY sorry for what i said earlier, i somehow got the impression that it is very hard to people to get a bit, bit i was obviously wrong... sorry again. im not a ebay scammer, i have some other painted zipzaps to prove it. and im only selling those bits because im in thailand right now.

now, about my lotus..

i like crazydave's idea, with the british racing green and read stripe (but i think im going to make two stripes) the only problem is i dont know where to get that exact color, i chose the black and red because, that is the color(s) that i have right now. and i kinda like the spoiler, the bit looks pretty weird without the spoiler.

keher

sorry again!
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

I would be interested in seeing pics of those other modded bit's/Zips.
i somehow got the impression that it is very hard to people to get a bit, bit i was obviously wrong...

Yeah did you even look at this site at all before posting here or e Bay for that matter? We have hands down one of the largest galleries of modded 1:64 in the fuckin world with it being added to daily. I was going to rant on and on here, but fuck it, I will give you the benifit of the doubt, Welcome to BP, you started off on the wrong foot and have an uphill climb to get my respect but assuming you heed our advice, you may love it here. :cool:
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

evoraptor wrote:Image

do it like this 8-)
That's what I'm talkin about, British racing green. Notice too how easily you could paint the stock bit 8-spoke wheels to look exactly like that picture.
kehern15

Post by kehern15 »

finks, i already love it here. about those other modded zipzaps, i did post a pic of my painted 350z, but i cant find the thread, i think it got deleted, i would take more pics, but i am in england, and i live in the states, i wont be back until two weeks, so if you can wait it out, i will be able to get pics in two weeks. BUT, i can get pic of my europa with me...