Just a light subject for anyone w/ a IW CB ZZ

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Just a light subject for anyone w/ a IW CB ZZ

Post by LBRC »

Connector Header DigiKey Part Number: WM1733-ND
Brown: +3 volts
Red: -3 volts
Orange: +3 to light tail lights
Yellow: +3 volts to light headlights
There are several good places to connect the orange and yellow wires the simplest is the motor output, works great.
Warning: One LiPo only, or you will toast the lights.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Added two super bright 3mm, 15 degree, 4000 mcd LEDs from LSDiodes. Unfortunately there is no room to do this with the stock steering motor and gears still in. The extra 40mA of power to run the lights would be a burden on stock batteries too, but with a 170mAh LiPo you can still drive it for over 20 minutes with the lights on.
ImageImageImage
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

hey lb i am more interested in the connector coming from the lights. got a # on that? i get these ones from my old xmod boards.
[]D [] []V[] []D
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Got a $150 to $200 for the crimping tool? They're a little spendy and by the way the crimpers are also only good for one specific type of pin so if you choose the wrong combo you’re screwed. With the above header PN you should be able to look up and choose a combination that will work. There are choices that have to be made when selecting a connector and pins though, such as intended wire gage and locking style. Also even a prototype crimper requires a certain amount of understanding and/or training to set-up and use correctly.

If you need something specific made for a project PM me and I might be able to help, I have a crimping tool pins and connectors that will work. A word of warning though, I’m not into charity.

For anyone interested in the PN so you can sell something: If you have to ask for the number you have no business ripping people off by trying to sell them something you obviously don’t know enough about.

I thought I’d be nice and looked up part numbers for this asshole once, turned out he thought he was going to make a quick buck by selling his not so unique idea. Of course since he didn’t know what he was doing he screwed a bunch of people over by selling pure shit straight out of his bunghole. Over crimped so the wires would break, or under crimped for intermittent contact or wires that would just pull out, leads to long so that the pin pushes out when you try to put the plug in, there are literally hundreds of things that could and did go wrong. When everyone wanted their money back he even went as far as saying that it was my fault because I must have “gave” him the wrong part number. Never again, I should have known that no matter what he claimed anyone who knew how would not have needed me to find the part numbers for them.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

nah screw it if i have to crimp um i can just go get more se bodies like tham pimp escaldes :-)
thanks anyway :-?
[]D [] []V[] []D
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

good stuff mate, you gotta love white leds, it's amazing how strong the buggers can be. My new video camera has two white leds as the main "light", damn! talk about bright!

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i'm constantly amazed by led's. :eek: it took a lotta brilliant people a lotta years to develop the amazing properties that modern led's possess! :-o
i used to be cool