Micro overland bit! Check this out!

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

with that long wheelbase, you wont have any problems with flipping as you climb over rough terrain. very slick setup.
and 4 cells is: :-o

:eek: that tub gives you tons of room for endless possibilities.
dual board bit? a 27/49 setup and merge two controllers into one
for a 4 channel controller. now u have me thinking. :???:
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

That Overland Bit is killer dude!
Clint wrote: a 27/49 setup and merge two controllers into one
for a 4 channel controller. now u have me thinking. :???:
I'm ahead of ya! :wink:
I got something brewing. I've been working on it off and on for a while, but I'm not gonna tell yas what it is. :lol: I'm sure it'll be done in time for the contest though. It's not with these off-road bits, though.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Yeah, the four cells are awsome but way too much power for the gearing i have right now, i need to gear it way down. At the moment its faster than my tri celled microsizers, even with the large tires. As soon as i get the body finished ill post some pictures

STG
Cheesehead
bitPlaya'

Post by Cheesehead »

That thing is amazing. I would love to make one for myself! (Imitiation is, after all, the sincerest form of flattery.)
First, where did you get the springs? I've never seen anything like them
Secondly, could you show the rear part of the truck (drivetrain) without the wheels, so I can see how you did it?
Also, how did you mount the axle?
Lithiums are great!
Triple the speed...
four times the duration....
And they explode if you crash them too hard!
GWS 4 EVR
-my future car's bumper vanity plate
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

The shocks are from an offroad slot car, i picked them up at my local hoby shop. Ill get some shots of the rear,, its just a microsizer rear end that i cut in half and removed from the rest of the microsizer, nothing fancy. The axle is just mounted like all microsizers are mounted.

STG