Baja bit

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Jaw dropping work man. I PMed you.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Sporttracguy wrote:Thanks man, Glad you like it. :eek:
"after pulling off a ride like that i'm sure you'd be able to get this done for free!
" For free huh? and how would i go about doing that? :???:
Send that truck to me, I will not only FET mod it for you, I will test it on my dirt track... thoroughly... for days, until I'm sure it works. :-)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

crazydave wrote:
Sporttracguy wrote:Thanks man, Glad you like it. :eek:
"after pulling off a ride like that i'm sure you'd be able to get this done for free!
" For free huh? and how would i go about doing that? :???:
Send that truck to me, I will not only FET mod it for you, I will test it on my dirt track... thoroughly... for days, until I'm sure it works. :-)
I don't think that will be a good idea... you'll probably never get it back :-)

That is one crazy arse little truck, and I can't wait to see a vid!
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

i have a brand new zzse that i would like FET'd any chance i could get that done? I have a feeling that baja bit would never make it back lol

STG
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

No don't send it to CrazyDave send it to me i'll give her a good home :shock: I mean FET job. :lol:
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

Scorpion wrote:No don't send it to CrazyDave send it to me i'll give her a good home :shock: I mean FET job. :lol:
Do you even know what FETs are?
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

stagg wrote:
Scorpion wrote:No don't send it to CrazyDave send it to me i'll give her a good home :shock: I mean FET job. :lol:
Do you even know what FETs are?
:eek: :eek:
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

STG bought the Baja body last night at Wally World and started a cutting! I have the front the way I want it but the PCB? how did you attach it? I going to have to leave it upside done and let the resisters and such hang down? I am trying to use a ZZMT motor but not sure I have the room if not looks like I will have to use the same type of motor you are using.

another question did you remove some of the roll bar material under the body?
Also I am using the same axel that came with the original Baja but I have to make the hole bigger on the gear how did you attach the gear between the motor and the axel gear?

thanks man got me inspired! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Awsome man! i cant wait to see what you do with it. For the roll cage inside i had to remove all of it from the bed forward, otherwise the cells wont fit up in the cab correctly. I used the rear screw to hold the bed in place and the pcb is glued to the underside of the bed rool cage(so yes, everything is hanging down but its no taller than the thickness of the bed so its not a big deal) you may be able to see how its secured in one of the pictures, ill try and get some better ones for you.

For the motor, i tried a zzmt motor and it was just too tall, it got in the way of the rear suspension arm. the Superslick motor works but i had to cut the pinion shaft and the pinion shorter so it would fit the width of the body.

For the rear axle i actualy got rid of the stock baja axle and used a zipzap axle instead. I removed the stock hubs from the zz one and mounted the baja wheels to that. Hope that makes sense. For the other giear i just cut a small slot in the suspension arm on both sides and used a piece of metal(a broken drill bit) as the shaft and glued that down where it needed to be. (you could also use the stock shaft from the microsizer you are taking parts from.)

Hope that helps, let me know if you need any more help.

What color body did you end up getting? i picked up 3 of them (orange, black/yellow, and the blue with orange flame one)

STG
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

What color body did you end up getting? i picked up 3 of them (orange, black/yellow, and the blue with orange flame one)
I got the Black one! :-o Thanks for clearing that up for me I will post some pics as soon as I have more to post on! :-)
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

steelwoolghandi wrote:STG bought the Baja body last night at Wally World and started a cutting! ....
STG watch yo azz boi, you aint the only one pimpin these now. You gotta lay down the law as the pioneer and make these other pimps kiss yo ass :cool: .

Great ride, can't wait to see SWG's .
It's on baby, every blow-out comp is a specticle to behold :-o

Maxx
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: good job

Post by crazydave »

SHAUN wrote:good job. I have fet ed my zip zap , blew it up though ill give u 15 bucks to duel cell and fet my zip zap monster truck.
SHAUN. You are so full of shit, please just go away.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

The way I look at it, if SWG shows me up it just gives me something to to shoot for..More power to him, I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Lets see some pics SWG! :cool:

I'm working on the prerunner front guard at the moment, ill get pics soon.r

STG
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

Someone needed to claim the orange one :lol:.

Like SWG's, it has 2 cells up in the cab, and the reciever in the bed. My rear suspension is different though, possibly a bit more articulation, and I could put a zzmt motor in- but I prefer a superslick one. At the moment, I just have a junky clone motor in there.

Now I need a bit of help on the front end, not sure what to do with it.

beano

PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Re: good job

Post by PimpIke »

crazydave wrote:
SHAUN wrote:good job. I have fet ed my zip zap , blew it up though ill give u 15 bucks to duel cell and fet my zip zap monster truck.
SHAUN. You are so full of shit, please just go away.
thats the funniest post i've read in a while. hahaha :lol:

the baja truck is off the hook STG, SWG and beanoman