Baja bit

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Scorpion wrote:It would be a winner if he did, but i don't think he can enter it due to the size.
What are you talkin' about? How is it the wrong size? This project is exactly what the end of the year Custom Blow-Out is all about... custom Bits.
Scorpion wrote:EDIT: Yeah it woulda bumped you'r RV down even as cool as it is.
Who are you talking to?
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Im just as confused as you are hue :???: Scorpion, the front of this bit is a modified microsizer. The body is smaller than most bits but the wheel width and wheel base are very close to the same as a bit,, whats your reason to thinking i couldnt enter it?

As far as the truckin contest we had a while back, i pulled off 2nd place behind SWG (extreamly happy with that) from one of my other truck designs, i dont think the outcome could have been much better for me.

STG
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

O my bad for some reason i was thinkin sporttrac had the RV. And I was talkin about the baja truck being smaller than 1/64 scale. Like I said I hope he gets to enter it anyways.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

nope, sad to say i cant take credit for that awsome RV bit that SWG did.

On an update on the baja bit, ive been testing out the suspension and the off road ability of this bit and i must say that im impressed but it has left me wanting more. The suspension is perfect but with the dual cells i dont feel im getting the raw power that this bit really deserves. Normaly i skip the small bit motors and go straight to the zzmt or the superslick motors but since this bit was so small i figured a zz motor would work just fine,, and it does but since when are any of us ready to settle for something with less power than we know we can have? Im in the process of trying to cram in a zzmt motor, the trick is getting that massive motor in there and not having it get in the way of my rear articulation. Ill make it work, its just going to take a little more time.

Took her in the sand and i shoot a bit of a rooster tail but im looking for atleast 6 inches of throw from the back of this baby before im happy.

EDIT: Turns out the zzmt motor is just too damn tall and gets in the way of the articulation at every angle. Its looking like a superslick (1:43 scale) motor is going in its place. I found a purple (2700rpm) motor and im working on getting that thing in there. Its a little long but i think i can make it work

STG
sg219
bitPimp

Re: IT

Post by sg219 »

SHAUN wrote:it was a axeadent so. :fu:
Great spelling POS. :-o

But your not going to fuck this thread up.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Time for new pics again :eek: Its still far from being done but its getting there.

and to show that im not bull shitting the suspension:

I started putting some aluminum rocker pannels on there, i kind of like the look, what do you think?

Oh, and if anyone has some BitPimp decals they would be willing to get rid of or sell i would love to slap some on this beast.
Thanks

STG
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

:shock:

man, 5 minutes on i still can't think of what to say other than humunahumanahumanahumana :eek: it's really that fucking good!
:bowdown: stg!

the mysterious extra power you crave oh so much can be found by swapping the stock transistors with mosfets (tha fetmod)

after pulling off a ride like that i'm sure you'd be able to get this done for free! :-o

as for motors, try to find a purple zz motor or even better get some of these xtrek motors:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=6168
i used to be cool
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Thanks man, Glad you like it. :eek:
"after pulling off a ride like that i'm sure you'd be able to get this done for free!
" For free huh? and how would i go about doing that? :???:

as for the motor i ended up cramming in that superslick (1:43 scale) motor in there and the torque and speed that i wanted is now there. Of course an FET mod would be nice and i may look into doing it (ive always wanted to give it a try) but for now on this bit, i think any more power and ill be on my roof even more than i am now :-o (not always a bad thing, its nice to know the powers there when you want it)

I started working on the little details tonight. I just dropped 15 minutes to try and work my magic with some plastic to make a sort of tube frame look to the inside of the bed, turned out kind of cool,, now to do the other side :rockon:

Keep it coming guys, good or bad, its the only way ill learn. Ideas are great too, anything to make this thing better.

Thanks

STG
Fordman212
bitHood

Post by Fordman212 »

Dude, that thing looks amazing. It looks so scale. Keep up the good work eh?
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

When you get this done you better make us a video. :-o
SHAUN
bitDisciple

THATS

Post by SHAUN »

Thats the bomb u master of mods i love that truck only if i could complete a truck mod to a bit i would be super happy but i always screw up.

oh hey does it help if i soak my zip zap monster truck motor in viniger then run it tell me please.
1000+ post of BS.
sg219
bitPimp

Re: THATS

Post by sg219 »

SHAUN wrote:Thats the bomb u master of mods i love that truck only if i could complete a truck mod to a bit i would be super happy but i always screw up.
The pronoun "I" is always capitalized and the word "you" is spelled "you", not "u". :-o

Not to bad otherwise.
SHAUN wrote:oh hey does it help if i soak my zip zap monster truck motor in viniger then run it tell me please.

Um, sure. But spicy brown mustard is best. The mustard seed in it help with the friction. :-)

@Sporttracguy's ride.......

Off the hook!! Great work.

If you can hook up with a Fet job, that'd be the shit! :-o
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

:shock:

I SAY GODDAMN!

I feel like I'm in the presence of a Godlike being.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That's just freakin' amazing. You're just like engineering marvel. I don't know how you come up with this stuff.

A vid of it in action would be nice. ;)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Wow, that really sucks.
Shitty work there STG.

:lol:
Just kidding, I just had to be different, everyone's blowing you.

That is amazing, fine work my man.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.