my first mod

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

my first mod

Post by SHAUN »

my first mod is a crawler box for my zzmt. Now that i have done this mod i should be able to beat all my friends at rock crawling. tell me how i did if i did a good job or bad job. here are some pictures only two so fare but i'll get some pictures of it crawling this is all i have for now
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/28309020325.jpg&s=x10 pic#1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/28309000863.jpg&s=x10 pic#2

there ya go.
1000+ post of BS.
chrome
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

I think you need a photography 101 class. They are blurry all to hell and big enough to wallpaper my shithole room.

Later,
Chrome...
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Never mind that, that is a good start. That is what you need to do around here, mod. And post pictures the same time. That is a great rock crawling mod. Now you have to pimp that shit. Learn how to paint (serch the articles section) so that you will have a project in the works. Then you can say...
SHAUN wrote: Here is my silverado:
[insert pic here]

It has:
rock crawler gearbox with a ratio of x:xxx
The red up grade motor and chromy wheels
This is also my first paintjob
It doesn't have to be great, it just has to be an honest effort. The guys won't (shouldn't) kill you for it. Beginners begin, pimps pimp. But you cant pimp b4 you begin. :-o just start small. I'll pm you a pic of my first paintjob it was horrible lol.

So get to it, I want to see that truck styling on some rocks somwhere in the alps.

BTW: Why are'nt you at school, if it's your finers, DO NOT REPLY!!

Maxx
hue35
bitPimp

Re: oh its

Post by hue35 »

SHAUN wrote:I home school y do you think im on the comp so much i cyber school.
Well, there you have it... "cyber school", it's what's for dimmer.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Use the Edit button to add to your original post when the posts times are so close, and there have been no replies to your original post.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Re: oh i for got

Post by Zenith »

SHAUN wrote:oh I for got wat grit sand paper should i use i was thinkin 300. But im asking you guys because your like pros at it.
I think 800 would work better, 300 sounds to rough. And wet sand, the paint comes out smoother. Don't forget to primer first too.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

SHAUN wrote:oh I for got wat grit sand paper should i use i was thinkin 300. But im asking you guys because your like pros at it.
Start with 400, finish with 800-1200. That's how I pre-primer sand anyway.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:
That's what the pros reccomend. :-o

On bits, I lay the paint so thing, I think 400 grit sanding scratches still show. I like to use 600 grit before I paint. On the other hand, the "pros" say that anything finer than 400 and the paint might not stick, but I've never had a problem.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

finally! a decent post!!!! :-o
breakyaface, take note!!

i like the gear reduction idea, nice use of parts :-)
i used to be cool
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

crazydave wrote:
SuperFly wrote:
That's what the pros reccomend. :-o

On bits, I lay the paint so thing, I think 400 grit sanding scratches still show. I like to use 600 grit before I paint. On the other hand, the "pros" say that anything finer than 400 and the paint might not stick, but I've never had a problem.
You're right, 400 scratches will show through thin paint. I only use 600 or finer after primer, and use very light pressure. I find that it's the pressure that causes the deep scratches that will show through the paint. Right before I paint, I use an old t-shirt and a fair amount of pressure and buff out the primer a little.

edit: BTW, I don't think I mentioned that I do my sanding in the basement sink with a little water dribbling over it. Wet-sanding keeps the paper from getting clogged and the water provides a little lubrication to help keep it schmoooov.
:cool:
Last edited by SuperFly on Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

See shaun, not one flame. That's how we do it here at BP. That masking looks a little suspect tho. maybe you should cut the masking tape to only cover exactly the lights and grill. Then you get to paint the whole ride :-o
SHAUN
bitDisciple

THE TAPE IS JUST COVERING THAT I TOOK THE BUMPER

Post by SHAUN »

The tape is just covering the grill and lights i took the front bumper off im leaving it black i think. Any one got any good colors i should paint it.
1000+ post of BS.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Any one got any good colors i should paint it.
that is always the hard part Testors has some good colors by Boyd, and I think all of them look good. The paint cans are a couple of bucks and you can even find them at Wal-Mart. :-o

When painting I recomend primer. also light coats for the first few times dont gob it on it will look like crap! light coats let the paint set also don't ruch it the best paint jobs take time to dry if you try to fast you will get figerprints on it and who knows what else!! :???:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

I'll recomend Duplicolor car paint. That's what I usually use. They've got tons of different colors to choose from and they usually go on pretty smooth.

Doing good dude.

My first paint job was pretty horrific. But, that's why they make "EASY OFF" oven cleaner. Takes paint right off so you can start over if you need. It's pretty repugnant stuff though. I would use it outside.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Im letting you people

Post by SHAUN »

I want you people to pick the color I don't care what color. Personaly I was thinking a red or blue or green or somethin im not going to air brush it any more. I just dont really feal like air brushing. I'm going to use spray paint.
1000+ post of BS.