Try?on the Scion Update wit pics

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Try’on the Scion Update wit pics

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I happened to pass by the Hot wheel display at the local Wal-Mart the other day and saw this Scion. I am not into Hot Wheels anymore but this one grabbed my eye, it had a plastic body. That got me to thinking and well I immediately took it home and ripped it apart…

The body would not fit a regular bit chassis and the Zip Zap chassis was to long? So I cut up a chassis and I’m in the process of lengthening the bit chassis to fit (might throw in an extra battery while I’m at it!

This is it so far I primed it and I’m in the process of coating it with cherry red hot rod paint! More pics when further along. :-)

Last edited by steelwoolghandi on Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Damn another one for SWG. :-o Dont know how you do it man. I have adhd when it comes to projects lol.

Looking good so far and to my suprise the HW shell dont look too bad. Think ill have to go pic one up. Keep it up, Love the color.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

man, great minds think alike, i picked up that hotwheels body about two weeks ago, i figured it was clear so it had to be plastic. I have yet to find the time to fit it to a body though. I loved how easy it was to remove from the chassis, just like a bit body. Cant wait to see what you come up with man

STG
Last edited by Sporttracguy on Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

damn, what was the package name and whatever, i love xb's. that will probly fit some of the motorworks chassis they are in between zip and bit.
[]D [] []V[] []D
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

civicsr2cool wrote:damn, what was the package name and whatever, i love xb's. that will probly fit some of the motorworks chassis they are in between zip and bit.
tried that and they would not work in fact the one I cut up was a motorworks bit!
My other hangout! R7R
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

I did some more work on the Scion and got the paint job just about complete. I stretched the chassis and added some dub wheels. I installed aluminum pipes and if you are wondering about the size the Homies are smaller then the original more 1/64 scale there Micro Homies. :)

I still have a lot of work to do on the chassis I need to finish filling it in and I plan to add a 2nd cell. I also have to trim to front fenders walls as the wheels rub a bit and it does not turn as good as I would like it to. But being low the ground it does scoot real quick and with the extra cell I might not keep it on the ground. :driving:

My other hangout! R7R
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

WOW! :eek:

That looks really slick man! I like the choice of color, tha paint makes the body look like its a die-cast. The wheels go with it perfectly. The Micro-Homies make it look more realistic, too.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Looks awsome man, what chassis did you end up going with? Also, do you think we can get a shot of the chassis you chopped?

Keep up the good work pimp

STG
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Some fine work there SWG. I truly love the wheel choice. You spit these mods out quick times wow.

BTW - where you gettn these micro homies from...o yea and those wheels...damn
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Great Work Again SWG ! I saw it in your Gallery this morning.

MafiaS.... Like Dat Avatar :-o :lol:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

That is sweet. The style it gives off seems like it could use some large & crazy graphics down the sides.
Nice job SWG.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Nice. I really dig those wheels, and the ride height is perfect. So, what'd those wheels come off of?
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

BTW - where you gettn these micro homies from
Got them off eBay they only have Series 3 homies and there are some 1/64 die-cast cars that have 2 micro homies in the package.
That is sweet. The style it gives off seems like it could use some large & crazy graphics down the sides.
Nice job SWG.
Might have to fix that up but not sure what graphics to use? :???:

Nice. I really dig those wheels, and the ride height is perfect. So, what'd those wheels come off of?
Thougth they were off Dubs but nope I have a whole box full of wheels and found them in it. I am trying to find out what die-cast they came off of becuse I like the way they go together. (three piece).

thanks for the comps and the suggestions! :-)
My other hangout! R7R
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

steelwoolghandi wrote: Thougth they were off Dubs but nope I have a whole box full of wheels and found them in it. I am trying to find out what die-cast they came off of becuse I like the way they go together. (three piece).

thanks for the comps and the suggestions! :-)

I'm pretty sure that those came off of a muscle machines die cast import racer type of model. But dont quote me on that.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Nice work SWG! Much easier to extend the chassis than chop the body......It came out great :-o