American Graffiti Beginning

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

American Graffiti Beginning

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I Get ideas thanks to the Pimps around here and I saw that 32 coupe project of 45tr0 and it gave me an idea why not build the two (IMO) hottest cars in the movies.

I started with the 32 coupe and I have the wheels on and started chopping the body so I could modify it. These will not be exact as the 32 coupe in the movie actually was a 5 window and there will be other differences. I haven’t started on the 55 Chevy yet but will soon.

I do have a favor to ask ya’ll I took some pics with different motors on the car and would like the Pimps opinion on what one to use of the 3 or should I try and find something else? :???: Well now on to the pictures….

My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

More kick-ass'ed-ness from SWG!
Personally, I like the 2nd one better:

The others are just too big and give off that "outrageous cartoony" vibe.

I doubt this would be possible and make it look good, but what if you used the "engine" part from #3, and the "blower" part from #2?
That'd give you an engine that covers up a little more of the chassis, but a blower that looks closer to scale.
Oh, and I dig the radiator in #2 as well.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Nice start on the Piss Yellow deuce!

Post by frizzen »

I like it!!! but first thing can we drop the ass a little? They went more conservative, that looks more like a Hamster in Heat.

Given the era of American Graphitti, I'd go with this blower shell

But if I remember correctly, didn't that one in the movie have a Man-A-Fre four-twos manifold and 4 of the Rochester 2g carbs? The crome Torque Thrust rims look badass, much more so than the chrome steelies they ran. Doesn't really matter since you're not going full on replica. (Though if you do stay with the theme, a "THX 138" licesnse plate is a MUST)

I'm not picking on it, that's badass, I just really liked that movie and want to see this do it justice. I gotta build one of those!
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

a "THX 138" licesnse plate is a MUST
Its already made man also the one for the Chevy is done!

thanks guys all the input you can give is welcome! :-)
My other hangout! R7R
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

IMAO, none of those blowers/engines realy work, they are two huge. I thougt I saw a 1/64 '32 roadster from Johny Lightning with an engine that would seemed just the right size. That radiator is a must too.
Cheesehead
bitPlaya'

Post by Cheesehead »

The engines are a bit big, but they look sweet nonetheless.
Lithiums are great!
Triple the speed...
four times the duration....
And they explode if you crash them too hard!
GWS 4 EVR
-my future car's bumper vanity plate
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

i like the engine block of the 3
and the blower + radiator of the 2

it is good looking already :-)
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

CaboWabo wrote:More kick-ass'ed-ness from SWG!
Personally, I like the 2nd one better:

The others are just too big and give off that "outrageous cartoony" vibe.

I doubt this would be possible and make it look good, but what if you used the "engine" part from #3, and the "blower" part from #2?
That'd give you an engine that covers up a little more of the chassis, but a blower that looks closer to scale.
Oh, and I dig the radiator in #2 as well.
+1. Actually, I think hilborn stacks would look closeest to the movie setup, since it ran four 2 barrells.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

viperdout wrote:+1. Actually, I think hilborn stacks would look closeest to the movie setup, since it ran four 2 barrells.
Yea but that thing is retarded big, wouldn't look good IMO.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Ok ya'lls response has helped more then you know I think I have solved this problem:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I think I can make this work once it comes in I will post more pics after I have modified the motor.

Dang and I haven't even started on the 55 yet! :(
My other hangout! R7R