My first table top truck...

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Cheesehead
bitPlaya'

Post by Cheesehead »

An iWaver PCB (20$) would work dandy with the ZZSE servo. However, you need to modify the steering pot a bit. (I think a 10k reisistor in paralell is required.)
Lithiums are great!
Triple the speed...
four times the duration....
And they explode if you crash them too hard!
GWS 4 EVR
-my future car's bumper vanity plate
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Cheesehead wrote:An iWaver PCB (20$) would work dandy with the ZZSE servo. However, you need to modify the steering pot a bit. (I think a 10k reisistor in paralell is required.)
Nevermind im a bit behind lol. :-)

Thanks for the link superfly!
Last edited by Tuner1989 on Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Tuner1989 wrote:
Cheesehead wrote:An iWaver PCB (20$) would work dandy with the ZZSE servo. However, you need to modify the steering pot a bit. (I think a 10k reisistor in paralell is required.)
A IW pcb is a relic now and days. No one sells them anymore.
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_i ... s_id=14328
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Yeah, the IW pcb is somthing i may look into after i get the chassis built.

here are some pics of the gearing and the motor mount i just made.

there are different tires on there just because im trying to figure out what type i want to use.

These are the tires i currently have to choose from:

Fired up the motor and it has lots of torque and spins very true, so far so good.

STG
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I like the 5th from the left, or the first from the right. :-o

SuperFly wrote:
Tuner1989 wrote:
A IW pcb is a relic now and days. No one sells them anymore.
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_i ... s_id=14328
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... LXKRN7&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... LXKRN8&P=7
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Ok, im sure you guys are getting tired of my mock ups but here is another one. This shows all of the electronics, steering hardware, and a dual cell were able to fit under the liberty body with room to spair (thats a good sign) I also think that i have decided on the tires im using, i took the larger wheels i made and streatched some smaller sticky lego tires over them, the rims will need some attention later of course:

STG
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Mock-up all you want. Its great to see the differences, the trials, and, the errors that your going though.

:cool:
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

Well if you decide to go with the smaller lego tires, perhaps you can use the beadlock-style rims from the baja truck, like on your red hummer. That would look killer
Cheesehead
bitPlaya'

Post by Cheesehead »

Very nice.
Of course, you realize that this means that you will have to make some tutorials as to how you made all those awesome parts.
Lithiums are great!
Triple the speed...
GWS 4 EVR
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Cheesehead wrote:Very nice.
Of course, you realize that this means that you will have to make some tutorials as to how you made all those awesome parts.
Cheesehead wrote:-Post a tutorial on making U-joints.
Dude... chill. That's twice in one thread. Let the guy focus on finishing it first. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

ok, had some spair time today so i was able to get the steering figured out and the front steering bar fabricated (still need to install properly)

Now you guys should be able to see how im able to use the zzse steering setup. I need to mount the "Servo" section of the steering to the front 3rd of the jeep so it will pivot with the front, this way i dont have to worry about the linkage getting messed up with the articulation.

STG
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

That.. is Fuckin Sweet, with a capital F and S :eek:

Now I gotta work on the one I was trying to do.. Mines a 2wd though, lol. The metalwork there on the chassis is smooth as buttah.

beano
Cheesehead
bitPlaya'

Post by Cheesehead »

Damn, that's good.
Lithiums are great!
Triple the speed...
GWS 4 EVR
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

I couldnt take the suspense of knowing my gearing was correct and if my 4 wheel drive+suspenon worked so i locked the steering and hooked up the motor to another zzse facing the opposite direction (tractor pull style)

ALL i can say is HOLY SHIT! This thing has so much tracton and torque, it gladly pulled the se (trying to go full speed in the opposite direction) and still climbed over anything and everything in its way while dragging the se through the obsticles. I will say that im glad i didnt add a 4th gear, it would have been too slow. With this setup i have a good low range but full throttle its not so slow that it takes 5 minutes to get across my desk.

Now all i need to do is hook up the steering system (still working on that one) , get the electronics in there and paint the body.

NOTE: WIth the 4 wheel drive the turning circle isnt as good as it would be in 2wd, with the front tires pulling it as well as the rear it wants to keep going straight on smooth surfaces, on the carpet it seemed to work well. This is common with full sized trucks so i wasnt suprised.

It looks to be coming along nicely.

STG
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Found some more time to work on this thing over the weekend. I was able to figure out the steering(working great) so now its time to get everything in its place and start testing that 4 wheel drive.

For the steering i ended up using some thick paper clips and just extended the SE steering linkage arm thing.

STG