ZZMT Duracell body idea, what do you think?

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

ZZMT Duracell body idea, what do you think?

Post by Sporttracguy »

I picked up a new mt today (rs had a half off sale at my local rs) I plan to do a full suspension mod to it (and probably some other crazy stuff) but ive grown tired of the same old bodies so i ripped apart this old hotwheels (they build those things well, certainly not easy to take apart :? ) The back end is plastic and the front cab is metal :-? so the front is a little heavy ( i may put a different front on there)

ANyways, how does the mock up look? Should i continue trying to make it work or try a different body?

Thanks

STG
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I would go with it! It's pretty sweet, quite unique, and the added weight over the front might not be a bad thing with a monster. If you dual-cell or lipo that, you'll have plenty of power to move it.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

I have to agree. My suped up ZZMT wheelies like a sunofabitch. That body may be perfect for holdin down the front. Fets are all mine needed to wheely too much.

You might try painting it. But you don't really need to. The body looks pretty good how it is. I might paint it, but that's just me.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

really good body choice man, it's got a cool tttt look about it! :-)
if anything i'd try to lower it as far as it can go without interfering with the wheels/gears.
i used to be cool
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

That looks killer STG! I thought about trying die cast bodies, but can't seem to find one that I like. You should consider laying some custom paint on that bitch.... :-o
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Good to hear you guys like it. Im never crazy about using die cast bodies but since only the cab (minus the windows) is diecast the weight isnt too much of an issue. I kind of got that table top truck/unimog feel with this body too, i think thats why i really like it. As far as paint goes, i think this looks cool but im going to get bored with it very soon so ill probably paint something on it.

I wanted to throw another ideas past you guys: Im going to do a full suspension mod on this thing and i was thinking of having the cab on the front of the swivel and the bed/cargo area on the back half of the swivel, would that be too much? Could give it a cool effect but i think that will depend on how much of a swivel i get out of it.

comments?

Thanks guys
STG
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Do it. I think it would be cool. :-o
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Ever heard of a Pinzgauer?

steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

SuperFly wrote:Ever heard of a Pinzgauer?

Hummm :???: Kinda close?

Get a larger Model of it an ya got it!
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Go for it, looks good. i got the same duracell truck. i've been thinking of some use for the box, its got cool functional doors on it. You got the right idea. Looks right at home on MT chassis.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

a little bit of an update. I upgraded to 4 cells, ground down the cab so it sits lower and fit the bed area. I also drilled out those lower fog light areas to install some lights. Now that i have it all up and running ive decided to start cutting to do the full suspension mod on her but i still cant decided if i want the cab and the cargo area to swivel on seperate sections of the chassis or to just have th rear wheels swivel and be done with it,,,guess only time will tell.

as far as the cab weight goes, its a little nose heavy, i can still wheelie it but its not so annoying(like every time i hit the throttle lol, now it only does it when i want it to) One problem i ran into is when im crawling down a steep hill i sometimes end up neatly on my square roof. I moved the extra two cells to the rear of the bed and that seems to have fixed things. I may weight the wheels to further solve the problem.

STG
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

ok, here is a mock up of how the body should fit. I just did the full suspension mod but i dont have time to finish it tonight so for now its just mocked up. THe cab will pivot seperately from the bed/cargo area. I get sort of a cool effect that way.

STG
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

:eek: WOW.. that really is starting to look better than the first impression it gave me. I really like the swivel cab idea, and on another note, that ZZ NSX actually looks good saying as the normal ones are crap.. lol. Keep up the good work.

:-o