stretching my chasis to fit a hot wheels car?

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Juzi's Customz
bitThug

stretching my chasis to fit a hot wheels car?

Post by Juzi's Customz »

I searched before anyone takes the piss! Right so i picked up a Pontiac GTO diecast from the supermarket and i want to make my bit char-g fit it, but obviously the hot wheels car is too long, im guessing il have to stretch the chasis. But i dont want to break a wire or cut through the wrong bit, so does anybody have a short tutorial or any other way i could make it fit? thanks!
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

The easiest way is to keep the front in tact and cut the chassis at the rear firewall. Then you only have the two motor wires and charging pads to worry about.

Here's hue35's stretched thundercharger:

steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

The ZZ chassis is usually wider then the Hot Wheels Bodies are you sure you have enough room to drop the body over the chassis? :???:

Most Hot Wheel Bodies are long and Narrow so you might have to cut the side walls off the Chassis you have to be vary careful when doing this so you don’t cut into any wires, battery clips and screw up the whole chassis. I would try it on a cheap chassis before you attempt it on a ZZ chassis.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Juzi's Customz
bitThug

Post by Juzi's Customz »

I got a bit char-g :P Not ZZ, will it make any difference? there dont sem to be wires at the back, just a peice of metal (could foil be used to fill the gap?)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Juzi's Customz wrote:I got a bit char-g :P Not ZZ, will it make any difference?
Why don't you just hold the body up to the chassis and check for yourself? Try thinking for yourself a little.
there dont sem to be wires at the back, just a peice of metal (could foil be used to fill the gap?)
Again, try thinking for yourself. Do you think foil would work?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Juzi's Custumz

Post by Juzi's Custumz »

Yeah dude, let's try thinking for ourselves.
Last edited by Juzi's Custumz on Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY MOM IS A FUCKIN' WHORE!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i give fairly detailed instructions on how to chop a chassis here:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/artic ... 35&catId=3
i used to be cool
Juzi's Customz
bitThug

Post by Juzi's Customz »

Ok thanks, i'l read it. By the way.. why are people editing my avatar and signature for no acceptable reason? This forum rocks, but i can hardly say the moderators do, picking on the members for NO reason? Name one thing wrong with this thread? Well i hope to see an ACCEPTABLE reply to this post. Also, whoever edited my avatar is absolutely shit at pixel design.
Juzi's Custumz

Post by Juzi's Custumz »

Juzi's Customz wrote:Well i hope to see an ACCEPTABLE reply to this post.
You suck, and I can accept that.
Juzi's Customz wrote:Also, whoever edited my avatar is absolutely shit at pixel design.
It's pretty funny though, idn't it? :-o
Juzi's Customz
bitThug

Post by Juzi's Customz »

I see you have made more than just these two posts? How about leave it out and stop picking on people over the internet, thats lame!
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Juzi's Customz wrote:I see you have made more than just these two posts? How about leave it out and stop picking on people over the internet, thats lame!
How about lighten up and don't sweat it? :-D
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Juzi's Customz wrote:I see you have made more than just these two posts? How about leave it out and stop picking on people over the internet, thats lame!
You know your little attitude is really starting to piss me off.

No acceptable reason. Here's a reason. You ask stupid questions. I mean, I am sorry, but that is just not acceptable here. This is a place where adults have gathered to get away from that kind of crap, so please spare us.

Before I ever post anything on a forum, I read it through, find out everything I need to know, and find most of my questions already answered. If you had done any looking around, and I'm not just talking about reading, if you just looked at the piles of pictures, you would have seen several chassis stretched to fit Zip Zap bodies. Numerous Zip Zap bodies shortened to fit bit chassis, and if you were smart enough to do the math, you could have figured they're the same width, different length. But you didn't look around first did you? You're apparently not too bright either, are you?

And I don't even know what kind of foil you're talking about, but I assume you mean aluminum foil. That's not very strong, is it? I don't see it working. It was your idea, you tell me if its gonna work and how it could work.

It seems to me like you're just making useless post to draw attention. We don't allow that here. There's other forums out there that will allow you to get away with that.

You say this place kicks ass, but the mods sucks. As if we have nothing to do with this place kicking ass. That's interesting. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

"A stupid child is ruin to a father -The Bible: Hebrew, Proverbs 19:13.

"We have no words for speaking of wisdom to the stupid. He who understands the wise is wise already."
-G.C. Lichtenberg

Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do.
-Bertrand Russell

A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need the advice. -Bill Cosby

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. -Elbert Hubbard

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

:-)
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Juzi's Custumz

Post by Juzi's Custumz »

Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

:funny: