Dish wheels

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Dish wheels

Post by Kokolo »

Ok im gonna start this product to make a sorta 1/10 looking touring car. and i need dish wheels. any idea of how i could make decent looking one. the body it gonna be shaped and molded just like my protoform nemisis body. im gonna slap in a lipo and some othere mods and let this thing fly.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

here's how i made mine with o.g. lego wheels:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/artic ... 41&catId=4
i used to be cool
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

alright thanks ill take my lego wheels and paint em white.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

As far as a touring car goes you may want a larger diameter wheel than the lego wheels (although they give a great effect) Another option may be to grab a couple of hotwheels that have a solid designed wheel. Drill those out the same way that betty did and then paint them white. Give you a lower profile look. Since Hotwheel wheels/tires are made of one piece of plastic (most of the time) you can paint the wheel tire combo and you would never know there was a tire there.

Just another option :???:
Im digging the idea, cant wait to see it
STG
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Well, you inspired me to do a little research (and maybe try my hand at a micro touring car :???: ) I hit up the local toy store and found two of these hot rod hotwheels. The front wheels look pretty darn close to what touring car dishes look like. The holes will need to be filled in and the dish maybe bored out slightly but they should work fine. Your best bet would be to cut these thin, paint them and then laminate them to the zipzap hub,, this way everything stays true and its really a simple install.

Good luck

STG
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

those are perefect. its time for me to hit up the toy store