One down 3 to go MMO alloy wheels

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Re: ZipperSex

Post by steelwoolghandi »

crazydave wrote:
LBRC wrote:Image
With or without holes? :-o :o
Tough call, I like 'em both. :-o
Dang man you are making this really hard!!
I like both but I would have to say the holes would work for a few cars and the Dish would go with more. So Dish for me..

So I am working on a body for ya but its to match the Red Wheels! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I guess it would depend on the car.....either way, those are freakin sweet! I could use a few sets of those. Fantastic work LBRC :-o
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

So I am working on a body for ya but its to match the Red Wheels!
Red is good.

Right now I’m just tooling around with front wheel mounting. Trying do decide which direction I prefer the axles, inies or outies, there appears to be advantages and disadvantages to both directions. If you put the pin in conventionally, like the above you need a very square/flat indent to keep it from binding so a drill bit doesn’t work, the depth is also a bit tricky if you want it to look right, and you still have to shorten the pin. I did the above by hand that’s why the edges are messed up.

If you put the pin in from the back you can shorten it so that it doesn’t even have to go all the way through if you don’t want, but you have to modify the chassis so that there is clearance for the head and drill out the knuckle so that the axle spins freely which means no going back to the origional plastic rims.

frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I really like both rim styles!

And the fact that you can use the disks as either the RC Touring style, or Salt Flat disk style is wicked!
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Ball bearings

Post by LBRC »

Funny looking hub?
Must be a joke? :???: But just for fun what if you pressed a tight fitting axle into a ball bearing then the bearing into a tight hole, maybe with a smidgen of lock-tight or CA on the edges to keep it secure,
then pressed the axle into the knuckle?
Na just kidding, who’d want ball bearings in a ZipZap with aluminum wheels anyway? Besides stacked forward FETs and LiPo are already too much anyway. Of course if you put the bearings in from the back you wouldn’t even see them, but then again I like it when a hot little tease shows just enough to make you want to see the rest. :cool:
clxfiles
bitPlaya'

Post by clxfiles »

Man, I like the bearing idea. It doesn't look bad, just different from the rears. Aside from that, I still think the rims look hot.
Probably less wobble and you probably don't need to worry about lint getting caught up in between the knuckle and rim as much. If it is indeed more stable then you may want it to control all that power.... (stacked fets and lipos)
hue35
bitPimp

Re: Ball bearings

Post by hue35 »

LBRC wrote:Na just kidding, who’d want ball bearings in a ZipZap with aluminum wheels anyway?
Me.

Sign me up for a set of the dish wheels. :-o

edit: Actually, sign me up for a set of each, please.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

clxfiles wrote:Probably less wobble and you probably don't need to worry about lint getting caught up in between the knuckle and rim as much. If it is indeed more stable...
Much more stable, less rolling resistance and no wobble at all, very smooth, very stable. They make you notice just how wobbly, lumpy, off center, and out of round the ZipZap wheels are.

If I have time tonight I will try making a set with the bearing in the back to match the rear. Only problem is now I’m going to have to put ball bearings in the back too.
clxfiles
bitPlaya'

Post by clxfiles »

Where do you get the bearings from? I used the ones from another thread, the ones out of an old floppy drive. But I'm running out of floppies
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Order them form ball bearing manufacturers, I went in for a 1/5th part of a 1K MOQ awhile back, they are the same size as the small bearings in a Mini-Z Monster truck, you can even order them on E-Bay from the Yea division of Dinbol/RCMart sometimes you just have to look around. I'm sure that VBX and Boca even carry some.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Great balls of fire :D the bearings work, the wheels don’t match but with 4 aluminum wheels and ball bearing in the front the chassis rolls like a HotWheels dipped in graphite, looks like I’m going to need more bearings.

Ball bearing in back, anodized but not dyed.
Dish front.
Dyed, the label says “Gold EAN” looks orange to me.

Thinking the dish shape needs more curve, and I’ m probably not going to like them anodized just polished, or black maybe.

p.s. Sorry for so many double posts, to excited to sleep.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

:shock: amazing......
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

soooooooo jealous over here! :-)
i used to be cool
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »