Boneyard cruiser

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

crazydave wrote:
HirotoR34 wrote:I'm kinda debating the whole paint/no paint thing right now. Gotta say, some of the shells RS has been tossing out lately almost look too good to paint...
I haven't had the balls to paint my GT-R yet, I like it just the way it is. Its funny, stock, it sits way too high like the rest, but lowered it has the best wheel wells of any ZZ body. :-o

Good work on the parts car. I have a bunch of parts, but I'm just some steering springs, and assorted other little parts, short of having complete chassis. That bit Camaro I did recently was the last of my useable parts. :lol:
I'm with you Pimps! These newer RS bodies are just too cool to touch! I have every Mustang body RS has put out (untouched) and I can see the much needed improvement over the years! That very 1st one kinda sucked! It had "transparent" paint :-? and the details weren't nearly as sharp as the present ones.
I can recall quick Pimp'n only 1 ZipZap, and gave it away :?

clxfiles
bitPlaya'

Post by clxfiles »

I have to say, that I am a bit disappointed. I know I'm just a noob, but what always impressed me about this forum is the awesome paint and body work you guys have done. I truly do not mean any disrespect but to hear that you'll settle for a body that I and anyone else with 3 bucks has is disheartening. Can I remind you that though HirotoR34 has dark lines on his trim, it's still basically the same car as me, CrazyDave and all the guys at MRCC has.

I'm painting mine green with pink polka-dots....
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

clxfiles wrote:I have to say, that I am a bit disappointed. I know I'm just a noob, but what always impressed me about this forum is the awesome paint and body work you guys have done. I truly do not mean any disrespect but to hear that you'll settle for a body that I and anyone else with 3 bucks has is disheartening. Can I remind you that though HirotoR34 has dark lines on his trim, it's still basically the same car as me, CrazyDave and all the guys at MRCC has.

yes young one, that is true.....

But sometines less is more :cool:
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

put it to you this way.....just about every bit, zz, mt, or xmod I own is custom painted, so I'm not afraid to lay it down. My point is, that not all cars need to be painted. I like to play with these as well as mod them, so I'd hate to damage them. I'll give you an example....the ferrari 512 that I entered in the end of the year contest, I was driving it around my kitchen and smacked the edge of the refrigerator. this is what happened

in the wise words of Maxxa.....sometimes less is more.
clxfiles
bitPlaya'

Post by clxfiles »

First off fellas, I know I call myself new and I started posting again when some younger guys started but I'm probably the oldest guy currently posting. At least on the micros... Not that I feel old, like many of you my wife calls me a 12 year old and complains that I have more toys than my 4 year old son. She's wrong because he if you count each track piece on his Thomas the train set, he got me by 3.

I totally feel where you guys are coming from, I was just hoping I could get one of you guys to throw down another off the hook ride with the GTR bod. To hear HirotoR34, CD and DT contemplating not pimping one out.... well, I wanted to see if I could get someone pumped enough to do it. The stock bod is nice, but to compare it to one the pimp's rides... Angh, it ain't all dat.

Hey HirotoR34, that Silver Mustang you did, is that from the ZZ bod or a gt500 from SE set?
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

clxfiles wrote: Hey HirotoR34, that Silver Mustang you did, is that from the ZZ bod or a gt500 from SE set?
I don't think that was a smaller scale (1/64th). It was an xmod I believe. I gotta dig up my scraps and make one like yours.. except it'll be SE powered.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

clxfiles wrote:I have to say, that I am a bit disappointed. I know I'm just a noob, but what always impressed me about this forum is the awesome paint and body work you guys have done. I truly do not mean any disrespect but to hear that you'll settle for a body that I and anyone else with 3 bucks has is disheartening. Can I remind you that though HirotoR34 has dark lines on his trim, it's still basically the same car as me, CrazyDave and all the guys at MRCC has.

I know what you're saying, but stop and consider what's under the hood: a stretched chassis, dual-cell, badass wheel mod, etc, all from discarded parts! That stuff is worth a floss all by itself. And if you do all that stuff you're going to want to drive it, and like the Ferarri there, shit happens.

It didn't dawn on me until I was a couple years into modding bits that my cars either need to be drivers or lookers. I can't tell you how many mosfetted pcbs I have sitting in cars I will never drive. I also have several cars that I spent weeks pimping out with some divot out of it from driving it.

Hehe, funny thing is I've been building the exact same car since last fall, though I'm stretching a thundercharger chassis just in front of the motor pod. Hue35 can back me up on this, I showed it to him around the holidays, so don't think I copied you.:-D

It's a great body for a driver. I find that Mustang ugly and beautiful at the same time. It's nice and thick, with lots of vertical surface area, good for bashing other cars or guardrails. On the ugly side, I just don't like it well enough to invest any time into it, and that's what it's usually about for me.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I just have this vision of how I believe things are supposed to look. If it don't fit in with my vision, I mod it. If it already looks just the way I like, why bother, I'm sure to disappoint myself.

I let the car tell me what it needs. This one is a replica of a Mustang GT-R, it fits that role perfectly, and I don't see the need to change that.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Mad_Maxx
bitThug

Post by Mad_Maxx »

just have this vision of how I believe things are supposed to look. If it don't fit in with my vision, I mod it. If it already looks just the way I like, why bother, I'm sure to disappoint myself.
I've got more or less the same philosophy, if I like a body I don't touch\mod it and, sometimes even drive it.
As you could see in my garage I got many stock bodies, the ones I mod are usually 2nd 3rd shells .
That's not only for collecting reasons, that's also to see how it "was" before.

I know that I can say that, because I bought some of my bodies at a very low price (once 56 for +- 5€), my expensive ones, or singles haven't been touched...yet.
Owner of "Sunshine Autos" V(enice)ice City
My Gallery
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... ?cat=10108
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

HirotoR34, you can lower that wing. looks better.
clxfiles
bitPlaya'

Post by clxfiles »

Ynad - Nice RIMS.... Good choice in matching the colors... If you don't mind, what did you rip them off of??? I have this gold paint I want to see if they would match up with....
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

ynad wrote:HirotoR34, you can lower that wing. looks better.
I can't say I agree... that wing was designed to sit up off the car with supports. I think it looks odd sitting right down on the deck lid. Also, because of the way it hangs back a bit, it looks like it's going to fall off... not like I think it's gonna, but from a design perspective, it doesn't look balanced.

Nice wheels, though, and I love the way that thing sits.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I have to agree with hue, the high wing puts the GT in'GTR'.
I'm diggin the rims, and can we see thos bonnet stripes please???

Time to throw some black onto that ride to really bring out those rims
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

yeah, i see what you guys saying. :-o i spoke too harsh on the "better" part,
different is the better word.
not to hijack the thread i 'll take some pics and postem up.
Time to throw some black onto that ride to really bring out those rims
i couldn't agree more. looks like decal time. pics will come.
this GTR is one of the most good looking in RS creations (but it's just my opinion) :grin:
... and rims are from import tuners die cast with brake disks removed
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Love the rims, and I'm curious to see the stripes as well. I thought about lowering the wing, but I kinda dig the way it sits......this is one of those shells that I can't picture in any other color. If I can pick up an extra, maybe I'll lay down some custom tones...........