project gone bad

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
ynad
bitNinja

project gone bad

Post by ynad »

well, her it is. took some good time to plan, it was a bitch to get that mask done. ... and it sucks. :sad:

pic of the desired look
and this happened. as laquer laid down it screwed the whole thing
i used brush on method and it ruined it. i guess it will be getting new color some time in future :o damn :sad:
clxfiles
bitPlaya'

Post by clxfiles »

Ah man, nice thought... There's no way to go over the chipped areas again?
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

just go over the design a couple more times.
It'll be ok.

You can always sand and change the colour all together ;)

Maxx
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Dude sorry you had problems with the paint! Saying that I can't even tell you how many times I have worked on a car for hours and in the end just messed up the paint job.

I would just strip the whole paint and start over at this point that is if the chips are real deap if not see if you can touch up just the chips with putty and then paint over them. You might even try printing out something on decal paper and applying it after you putty?

just some thoughts again sorry ya things got messed up but to make a great cake you gotta crack some eggs! :???:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yep, been there, done that, sucks, huh? :lol:

If you gotta sand it down and start over anyways, it couldn't hurt to try your best to fix it first. See if you can level it off by carefully wet sanding with some 800 grit. Then dab in some color in the areas where it spread out, or repaint it.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

thank you Pimps :grin:
yeah i'll look into saving the damn thing. it was supposed to be a quick paint job, and it derailed me from some other projects i'm working on right now.
i freehanded the mask and i don't have a printer, so it makes pretty imposible for me to recreate the whole thimg. the chips of black paint are spread around and sealed with clar coat :shock: :? i'm thinking the all new pain will fix evrything :???:
Yep, been there, done that, sucks, huh? :lol:
yeeah, it sucks. not the first one, but sucks just the same. :lol:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Hit a craft or artist supply store, talk to them about the finest brush they carry. (1 or 2 bristles) Support the body firmly, good lighting, use tiny amounts of paint with the tiny brush and it should be pretty straightforward, though time consuming to save.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

yeah i'll give it a try. i just don't know when can i do that, as i stoped being freelancer and got myself a job at mtv. looks like they will make sure i got no time for anything but sleep :-?