My Offroad SE - finally done

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Re: My Offroad SE - finally done

Post by Sqwalerrr »

Get off my case dickwad. Why don't you stop posting shit about me on this thread.

Ibjamn just make the tut and put a lock on the thread so people will atop giving me crap on how I'm such a dick.
Last edited by Sqwalerrr on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hello world! Prepare for the gayness

Post by sidewinder »

I'm guessing you just earned a banned status... but if you didn't what could he explain that you can't see in the pictures? I really don't get it.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

sidewinder wrote:I'm guessing you just earned a banned status... but if you didn't what could he explain that you can't see in the pictures? I really don't get it.
im not band yet but probly reqly close
I don't have the same wheels as him but if I did I would be do e by now be cause I would know the size of the armms and the c-hubs in comparison to the wheelsbut I don't have the same wheels as him so I don't know the sizeof the arms or c-hubs. I don't dealt need the tut I just need the meshurements.

Post by sidewinder »

Ok, I'll see if I can help here.

I don't know the measurements either but what you can do is make a mock up out of card board, just guess. When it looks about right cut some scrap plastic to the size of the card board and see if it works. I think the problem here is that most people build stuff by trial and error, and if he built another one he'd have to improvise again.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

that's probably a good idea.

Re:

Post by Sqwalerrr »

ibjamn wrote:This just isn't my day. :crybad:

I was looking forward to coming home and doing just that, taking a vid. I even had some jumps in mind........... But, after dinner I go to get it and charge it....... The Amber Light of Death has taken over my Zip. :o
After an hour of searching these threads and troubleshooting, I figure I have a bad SE board.
sometimes the batteries don't get the bet con tact with the terminals so to get a better connection i scape the terminals on the batteries and in the car with a nail file.
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Sorry guys, I hadn't noticed this Sqwalerrr guy before.

Sqwalerrr, I'll tell you what your problem is. Its not the smack talking, it's the hounding of our members that pisses us off. Particularly when people say, "Sell me that". It shows a complete lack of appreciation for the kind of work we do, and we consider it disrespectful. People here share as much info as they have time for, I'm sure IBJ would love to share more, but we all don't always have the time to sit and make tutorials, etc., to walk idiots through the process.

We do not operate as a normal forum does, we do not ban people. Consider this your warning. Disrespect one of our members again, and you'll see how we operate.

My apologies, IBJ, I missed this thread before, or I would have said something sooner. That came out awesome. It performs better than I ever would have imagined. :-o

About the light. Take the PCB out, straighten all the wires, and try to get them back in as flat and unscrunched as possible. I have similar problems with just about every SE I take apart. The casing on those wires is so thin, they will short when smashed together.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

I do realize that i was hounding IBJ but that was before i looked threw the site a lot . as l looked threw the site i found out how to make good comments and how some people react to stuff. now that im working on some custom billds, i relies the it is really hard to get the bits perfect. i kinda don't have a job now so i have a lot of free time on my hands, and you know what happens then.
so from now on ill make better posts.(this is not one of them)
you can expect some pretty good stuff from me :mrgreen:
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Actually CD, it was the SE board that was bad. But that was fixed fairly quickly.
Sqwalerrr wrote:dude will you please make the tut iv been waiting for a wile and cabo wabo has threaten to ban me from the site :sad: you dont even respond to me
Maybe I don't want to respond.

Then again, maybe I do. And I'll make it public.......

Seriously Sqwalerr, I am exstatic that there is someone that is excited about this little car.
But, you consider this scenario; I work a full time job, I have my 2 kids on my days off, I do side work when I can in the evenings, my Honda's enterior has been in my living room for 2 weeks now - because I'm doing some audio work to it, I have numerous RC projects going on at the same time...... I haven't even been on this site for a week and a half...... but I come back to see more crap posted from you on this thread :roll:

Like I said before, this tut is not exactly on the top of my to do list. But why the hell should I post in my defense of not having the time to do a tutorial?
I don't have the same wheels as him but if I did I would be do e by now be cause I would know the size of the armms and the c-hubs in comparison to the wheelsbut I don't have the same wheels as him so I don't know the sizeof the arms or c-hubs. I don't dealt need the tut I just need the meshurements.
Finally you realize why a tutorial wouldn't help you much, like you believe it could.... It will not be a cut and dry way of building a car like mine. The size/length of the arms are a mute point without knowing the which wheels you'll use, what the C-hubs are made of and the size of them, and then finally knowing what body you'll be using and what track width will look good.
sidewinder wrote:Ok, I'll see if I can help here.
I don't know the measurements either but what you can do is make a mock up out of card board, just guess. When it looks about right cut some scrap plastic to the size of the card board and see if it works. I think the problem here is that most people build stuff by trial and error, and if he built another one he'd have to improvise again.
And this is EXACTLY what happened with this build. Sqwaller, do you have any idea how many chassis were harmed in this build? How much plastic debris was flying in the air from the Dremmel?

I have been pretty calm and forgiving about the fact that you have been posting junk in my thread on this website that CaboWabo and others are gratiously still maintaining...... but you have gone down a path that is completely disrespectful to the admins, the forum members and especially me. I don't use course language much, but what I feel like posting toward you would not be good, nor would it help anything. Another reason, would be that it would be offensive enough that I wouldn't want my father to read it. That's right, my dad is a member on here - but keep in mind that I'm 33 years old. That's the kind of place we have the honor of being members of. It's an adult oriented website that has to do with a hobby that we enjoy- Not a website linked from "Noobs-R-Us.com".
Sqwalerrr wrote: all i want is to know is how to make the front suspension for the off road zip zap and then ill be gone .poof. goodbye. gone.
What part of this post would compell me to do a tut? If I help you out, you'll leave? Again, disrespecting me and disrespecting the RC hobby as a whole. If I helped you out, I'd want you to stick around and do more modifications and come up with your own mods and custom builds.

Sqwaller, I want you to do 2 things for me.

First, re-read the thread from the beginning - and take note of the date of the first post. You will notice that it was posted before you even hit puberty. Then read all the way 'til the post of the video - and take note of the date of that post. If you have any idea of the feeling of what an accomplishment feels like..... you would not post disrespecting shit like you did. And realize that it isn't a quick process to build it, much less write up a how-to.

Second I want you to edit your profile, by putting the following in your signature;

"Hello world, I am an idiot that doesn't deserve to be here. But please forgive me for being a spoiled little brat that needs to learn the value of delayed gratification."

[ / ranting]
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Holy shit, did I ever miss out on the fun.

christ, I thought this squaler (fuck the spelling, he ain't worth it), was just some some guy who made a random troll post. As far as i'm concerned he's not even worth pissing on if he was on fire. Of course, if I did want to bother, I'd probably just grab him by the cuff and throw him around like a ragdoll.

with that said, I can't believe I missed out on such an awesome build.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Jeez, maybe if you showed up a little more often... Damn Canadians always drinking too much to know what's happening right under their noses. :-)
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

well i'd like to but hell.. between being busy doing two jobs (one being hotel front desk) and no internet connection.. i try and make do.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Hotel front desk? I didn't know you were Indian. :grin: I always thought hotel desk clerk sounded like a great job, at least the overnight shift. I'm sure you have to deal with a lot of morons but the place is air-conditioned, and if it's like my friend Tresa at the Econo Lodge she has lots of down time to watch tv (overnight shift :-o ).