My Offroad SE - finally done

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Aww crap, now theres drool all over the keyboard, the screen, the desk, everything! Thanks alot! That is some just amazing work, I'm so speechless. Words can't describe how good of job you have done on that.
1000+ post of BS.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Are you sure that's drool or have you been looking at those 'naughty' sites again young man!?! :-)
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Un-fucking-believable. ibjamn does it again, lol. That Jeep looks awesome on there, too bad it's an IFS. :-)
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Don't worry. An H2 SUT will be going on it.

The Jeep will be on a 4x4. :shock: There. I said it.

Note to self. When disassembling an SE completely, try to remember where everything goes for reassembly. :sad: It wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for the charging plug I'm adding.
Wesley
bitPlaya'

Post by Wesley »

:shock:

Dayum you got that mastered!
Not too sure about crushing that Aston though.. :-D
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

It's late, and I gotta work tomorrow, so here is a couple of pics of some progress.

I made a temporary charging adapter and plugin on the car itself.......

and finally, another ride brought to you by Slam'n'Jam Customs :-o

More to come later....... :-)
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Shit, :-( I give up. That's just too damn cool. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Have you read the thread? I gave up a couple of times :lol:
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

How's it handel with the higher C.O.G. ? It looks great and that suspension was inspired.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

3 Words...

Vid. E. O!!!
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

This just isn't my day. :crybad:

I was looking forward to coming home and doing just that, taking a vid. I even had some jumps in mind........... But, after dinner I go to get it and charge it....... The Amber Light of Death has taken over my Zip. :o
After an hour of searching these threads and troubleshooting, I figure I have a bad SE board. Funny thing is, I have another board loose, I'll use that. Nope. A fet looks fried, and I don't want to waste time soldering. So I dig an SE out of the collection of opened Zips. I get one out that didn't have a body on it, test it with the controller, and go to the table to start the soldering process. I'm moving the motor wires, and I hear a snap. Apparently, (last night, while I was fitting the body, and cutting the foam that I use to mount it with) I had weakened one of the rear arms by adjusting the ride height too many times, and it just broke where the bend is on the rear portion..................I'm almost at the point in which you vent your anger out by throwing something, somewhere......... and I'm holding this stinking thing in my hand.

Point being....... I could get the board in tonight, but repairing the rear end will take more time.

Now where's the friggin duct tape.........
zzapultimate
bitThug

Post by zzapultimate »

Happy New year :-D

Seriously though, I hope you get it fixed up, this thing is killer! I wanna see that vid too!
There is no greater bore than perfection.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Alright I tell you what just get it fixed and send it to me. That way you don't have to deal with it any more.

That thing is sick, you did some amazing work on that rig!
1000+ post of BS.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

SHAUN wrote:Alright I tell you what just get it fixed and send it to me. That way you don't have to deal with it any more.
You know, some day this might work...keep pulgging away Shaun, you might end up with a ton of free stuff! Its worth a shot!
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

This thing drives great. The COG is higher of course, but the heavy tires and the wider stance help compensate. I only flipped it a few times, and that was because I turned too quick at speed on carpet.
I ended up reversing the Pot wires and the steering motor wires. I got tired of turning the wrong direction.

A short (and poor) video. Not too bad for using a point and click camera that only records 640x480 vids 30 seconds at a time.

[GVideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6846742376[/GVideo]

All I need to do is 2 things, get better AAA's and actually vacuuming the floors. I spent more time digging hair from the wheels than driving it. :lol: