My Offroad SE - finally done

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Cool! I just kind of figgured all along that it would flip every time you tried to turn...guess I was way off :-o It looked great, now if we could get bits/zaps that started out like that the mini rc movement might still be booming! Great work.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Re: My Offroad SE - finally done

Post by Sqwalerrr »

im trying to make one of the trucks and if i smell any more fumes from plastic or glue im going to go insane :D :mad:
hello world! Prepare for the gayness

Post by frizzen »

It actually got done?

Cool! More pics, new vids.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Shockingly cool!!!!
:cool: pimpin'
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Re:

Post by Sqwalerrr »

ibjamn wrote:Don't worry. An H2 SUT will be going on it.

The Jeep will be on a 4x4. :shock: There. I said it.

Note to self. When disassembling an SE completely, try to remember where everything goes for reassembly. :sad: It wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for the charging plug I'm adding.
this would have ben help full before i started the build :( cuz now iz dont kno where any thing goes :sad:

Post by Sqwalerrr »

you should take the front suspension apart trase the parts make copys and then SELL THEM TO ME!!! :smile: (or to other people) :shock:
Last edited by Sqwalerrr on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

frizzen wrote:It actually got done?

Ummm.... yeah.
:lol: 14 months ago. :-D
Sqwalerrr wrote:you should take the front suspension apart trase the parts make copys and then SELL THEM TO ME!!! :smile: (or to other people) :shock:

CUZ IM AM SO FED UP WITH THE SCALING OF THE FOCIN ARM LINKS!!! :puter: EATHER TAKE PICS OF THAT PROSES OR I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND BEAT YOU TANGELO AND A CAN OF RUTBEER!!! :fu: or you know you could just sell in to me :???:
That's a third person wanting to buy it?
Tell you what, I'll consider an offer for it...... but how do you put a price on 2 years of frustrations, blood sweat and tears, the sleepless nights, etc. Or maybe I'll consider giving it to a new guy to this forum, that can post something I can read just one time to understand what was typed. :lol:
But, I fell your frustration about that. Just imagine, if you will, not having much to go by and refer to - except what you want the end result to look like :|
This one isn't for sale. Of course, I might build some more to sale if the price is right. It wouldn't take so long to do another, now that I figured out all the obstacles.

I guess I should do a step by step with better pics and such, for the current project using a similar suspension design. :???: To be honest, the "A arms" were simple. It's getting the "C hubs" just right that was the challenge.
I have no problem sharing the design for you guys to try. Thing is, it's better if you have an imagination and a bit of knowledge of the bigger scale RC's designing to tackle it. I should have taken more pics of this one, but once I got in the zone, I didn't want to stop. ;-)

The vid link isn't working, :?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kix-xgBeKKY[/youtube]
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Meh, everytime I remember this coming back up, you were whining about how it was kicking your ass and you were putting it back it the closet of forgotten projects.

After that post, I make the motion that we nominate Sqwalerrr for the position of SHAUN.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Sqwalerrr wrote:you should take the front suspension apart trase the parts make copys and then SELL THEM TO ME!!! :smile: (or to other people) :shock:

CUZ IM AM SO FED UP WITH THE SCALING OF THE FOCIN ARM LINKS!!! :puter: EATHER TAKE PICS OF THAT PROSES OR I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND BEAT YOU TANGELO AND A CAN OF RUTBEER!!! :fu: or you know you could just sell in to me :???:

:english:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

ibjamn wrote:
frizzen wrote:It actually got done?

Ummm.... yeah.
:lol: 14 months ago. :-D

That's a third person wanting to buy it?
Tell you what, I'll consider an offer for it...... but how do you put a price on 2 years of frustrations, blood sweat and tears, the sleepless nights, etc. Or maybe I'll consider giving it to a new guy to this forum, that can post something I can read just one time to understand what was typed. :lol:
But, I fell your frustration about that. Just imagine, if you will, not having much to go by and refer to - except what you want the end result to look like :|
This one isn't for sale. Of course, I might build some more to sale if the price is right. It wouldn't take so long to do another, now that I figured out all the obstacles.

I guess I should do a step by step with better pics and such, for the current project using a similar suspension design. :???: To be honest, the "A arms" were simple. It's getting the "C hubs" just right that was the challenge.
I have no problem sharing the design for you guys to try. Thing is, it's better if you have an imagination and a bit of knowledge of the bigger scale RC's designing to tackle it. I should have taken more pics of this one, but once I got in the zone, I didn't want to stop. ;-)

The vid link isn't working, :?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kix-xgBeKKY[/youtube]
you dont hav to sell me the car (but it would be nice)I just need some help sizing the links in the front suspension thats all and i do have a history in larger scale rc cars is just that zip zaps are SO FREEKING SMALL :search:

BUT IF YOU REFUS TO HELP ME I WIL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND BEAT YOU NOT WITH FRUIT OR CANS OF SODA BUT A TOASTER YES A TOASTER!!! :puter:

Post by Sqwalerrr »

just kidding about the hole toaster thing :innocent: heh heh
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I'll tell ya..... I think my eyesight did get worse after that build..... or maybe I am getting old :shock:

Don't take the wrong way. I am not refusing to help, it's just one of those things that you just have to sit down and think about, plan it, and then try it. Hence the reason Frizzen didn't want to comment anymore - I kept getting disgruntled, and then gave it time and tried a different way.

The front is very similar to a standard hobby grade RC, with the exeption of having an actual shock absorber.
Tell ya what, I'll get to work on the front suspension tutorial. That way, you can quit with the empty threats. :-)

BTW, in the meantime, here is a rough tut for the rear.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... sic+string
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

I know how to make the rear suspension and iv already made it all ineed to do is to make make the front suspension and get some weels

Thanks for the tut :mrgreen:

Post by Sqwalerrr »

BTW :broken_image: sorry about the seeing thing
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

"After that post, I make the motion that we nominate Sqwalerrr for the position of SHAUN"
I second that motion :twisted: