A bit of borin safety for noobs

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
minibitguy
bitHood

A bit of borin safety for noobs

Post by minibitguy »

Cuttin:
exacto knives, surgical blades and dremmels hurt! dont use dremmels near loose clothing as they love to grab, tear and mame. Male sur not to cut towards yourself, and clinch a cable tie round your exacto knife to stop it rollin off the table and into your leg. :-?

Gluin:
Take it from me, ive had super glue in my eyes b4, and it hurts a lot. So try and wear glasses. A lot of model glues also burn, sting etc on contact so gloves and goggles help. Try not to get the glue fumes in your eyes, and a lot of ingredients in glues (cyanacroalite etc.) are very poisonous and can harm you on contact with skin.

Paintin:
Acrylic(water based paints are usually okay, but many people use spray cans or even airbrushes. The paint in spray cans and similar is enamel, which isnt so good for you, and the gas from the can is even worse. So a dust mask would work welll here, and goggles if you like your eyes. Enamel paint is very hard to remove, and ive still got black paint on me from a week ago. If you think theres a enamel paint remover, there is, its mineral turps. Lets see: its poisonous, flammable, harms your eyes, melts the plastic in bit bodies and loves to get into your blood stream and play with your heart and brain. So dont use mineral turps!
MiNiBiTgUy
1.1 WRX bit-charg- retired(but still works)
4.2 BB open back
4.2 mercedes imitation
3.8 toyota corolla- deceased
4.2 custom convertible WRX
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Ummm, yeah, ok.... I think you had good intentions.... :???:

See, that's some pretty common sense stuff. That's pretty much what bitPimps is about, kind of a hide away from people who lack in common sense.

BTW, I highly reccomend Duplicolor automotive laquers for paintin'. Just make sure you point the nozzle at the car, and not your eye. Oh and you shouldn't inhale the fumes, unless you're intending to and got a few brain cells to spare. :-)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

If you paint in a sealed nuculer(sp) bomb shelter that is not ventalated(SP) ,don't inhale the fumes.

:D :D :D
1000+ post of BS.
minibitguy
bitHood

Post by minibitguy »

yeah, most of it is common sense stuff, but ive made a lot of these mistakes before. :-?
MiNiBiTgUy
1.1 WRX bit-charg- retired(but still works)
4.2 BB open back
4.2 mercedes imitation
3.8 toyota corolla- deceased
4.2 custom convertible WRX
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

SHAUN wrote:If you paint in a sealed nuculer(sp) bomb shelter that is not ventalated(SP) ,don't inhale the fumes.

If you learn to spell , expect people to reply.

you shouldn't inhale the fumes
Oh shit ! :lol:
We don't need no god damn roads!
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

honda_s2000 wrote:
SHAUN wrote:If you paint in a sealed nuculer(sp) bomb shelter that is not ventalated(SP) ,don't inhale the fumes.

If you learn to spell , expect people to reply.

you shouldn't inhale the fumes
Oh shit ! :lol:
I think we got to Shaun a little late. :???:

Yea, most of this stuff is commn sense like Dave said. The only thing I can think of that I have done is Solder'd in a unventalated area, and grabbed the wrong end once. :o But other then that it's easy stuff.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I once stapled my tongue to my bottom lip boy I can tell you I never did that a third time! :shock:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

steelwoolghandi wrote:I once stapled my tongue to my bottom lip boy I can tell you I never did that a third time! :shock:
:lol:
i used to be cool
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

touch a lipo to your tongue. *

:)

*disclaimer: you can't sue me
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Don't throw yourself into a wood chipper. Its for wood. :-o
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Don't run in front of a bus thinking you can catch it.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

evoraptor wrote:Don't run in front of a bus thinking you can catch it.
Damn, now what am I going to do tomorrow? I was going to go bus catching with a few friends, now you got me thinkin'. :sad:
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Dont ride your bike into a parked car , because your looking at the woman across the street (This had to be one of the most embarresing yet funny things ever happen to me) :lol:

Oh Shaun , A good thing to correct your grammar , would be to go tie yourself to the railway track with handcuffs , and swallow the key ;)

I mean C'mon , You cant even spell your own name properly , Unless on your birth certificate its in caps lock like "SHAUN" , you should spell it with not 5 , not 3 , not 2 , but just ONE capital letter , like so : Shaun.

Is it really that hard ? :?
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

honda_s2000 wrote:Dont ride your bike into a parked car , because your looking at the woman across the street (This had to be one of the most embarresing yet funny things ever happen to me) :lol:

Oh Shaun , A good thing to correct your grammar , would be to go tie yourself to the railway track with handcuffs , and swallow the key ;)

I mean C'mon , You cant even spell your own name properly , Unless on your birth certificate its in caps lock like "SHAUN" , you should spell it with not 5 , not 3 , not 2 , but just ONE capital letter , like so : Shaun.

Is it really that hard ? :?
LOL he's kinda like Cantgetright. I blame his parents, that is what happens when you get to many hugs.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

SHAUN wrote:Don't play paintball in sandle's , my friends knows of this, as his feet now hurt really bad.
Can you're friend spell ? or help himself ? if not , I dont give a shit :lol: