How to fit an interior in a convertible?

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Bart
bitThug

How to fit an interior in a convertible?

Post by Bart »

AS the subject says. I am really stuck with fitting in an interior for my project for the goin topless thread. I got no clue how to make it work and would like to try to get a full interior in like some other people have. So my ride doesnt get beaten that bad :-(
Thanks
Bart
Bart
Pimpin Customz
Established July 27 2006
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

To get a decent amount of interior into a bit you'll have to do alot of re-arranging. I think it was sat4life that moved his battery back and mounted the PCB under the car :???: . Exterme stuff like that is needed to get really good interiors. Most people just glue the tops of the seats and steering wheel to the PCB cover and paint/detail them.

Here are some examples that DT posted:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hope that helps. Cruise through the galleries of the older pimps and you'll see some really stellar work, and lots of chop tops :-o

Maxx
Bart
bitThug

Post by Bart »

yea ive looked through a lot of galleries and what not. steelwoolghandi's 1957 Cherry Red Chevy Topless interior and sat4life27's 1956 Fire Red Chevy Drop Top and Mustang Shelby GT500 have interiors that make me...(lets not go there :lol:) These interiors have a certain wow factor. All of the other convertibles are absolutely awesome but i like the idea of an interior with more detail.

On another note i think im gonna try to give it all. Go big or go home. Im chooping the chassis and extending it and im goin to put the PCB under the car well this is gonna be fun and ecxiting... :?

Bart
Bart
Pimpin Customz
Established July 27 2006
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Bart wrote:Go big or go home.
Sounds like you got it figured... chop that shit up! :-o
Bart
bitThug

Post by Bart »

Chopping is finito bandito! Origanally the distance from wheel to wheel was about 3cm now its 4.5cm :grin: And most of all theres enough room for a full interior ( looks like it for now... i will find out within the next few days :???: ) I used sat4life27's idea of putting the PCB at the bottom tomorrow i will resolder the wires and hopefully itll all work good as new :-o

Man im so stoked on this project and i just wanna say what it is but dont want to ruin the surprise :eek:

P.S These forums are the best forums around. If you need anything you just look around and it's there and easy to follow. If you can't find it ask and all the other pimps got your back. Just wanna say Thank you to everyone on this forum and to everyone keeps this site how it is and running smoothly

Peace and keep well and most of all keep on moddin!
Bart
Bart
Pimpin Customz
Established July 27 2006