My audi TT project

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Ok maybe I wasnt wrong , but it would have been a shame to spoil a nice body+paint job :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

My rule of thumb is, once the windows are clear, mask 'em. I even mask headlamp lenses, eventhough I have no LEDs to shine through them. I even mask blacked out windows (it's a waste of time painting black over black paint) THAT is too much hassle :lol:

It's still a good paintjob so I'm assuming you can pull off a good finish

Maxx
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Ahem, Ahem!
If the body is "Solid", really nothing you can do about it (at your stage) but
paint it Black, but do it neatly as possible after paint, then clear coat it with
the rest of the body. I've had to do this many times....
ImageImageImageImage

I've also masked painted window to keep from having to do it again:

I've painted clear windows black...Twice! Once from the "Inside" to give it that
Limo look.....

2nd time from the outside due to damage while in construction, windshield split:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

honda_s2000 wrote:
DarkTari wrote:
~=K3V1N=~ wrote:yeah i didnt mask them, too much hassle. I'm just gonna paint the windows black and then the headlights black too :-D
This statement does not a good modder make!
Nothing should be too much of a hassle if you start it. Taping is too much of a hassle ???
You'll never be a tru modder with that attitude.
:o
Agreed.

Plus you prolly wont get a great detail line around those windows now either. It's well worth masking mate. But I guess everyone has a different way of learning , and yours is the hard way :(
I take shortcuts all the time!
I agree with it all. If you're too lazy to mask windows, you probably won't get far, but on the other hand I learned my lessons the hard way, and take shortcuts all the time.

How confusing. :-?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i just look at every experience as a learning experience whether it's a cockup or a success.

in fact i feel more comfortable and learn more screwing things up and fixing them.
i hate it when i get something right but don't know why :lol:
i used to be cool