Tires Rubbing

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Tires Rubbing

Post by SHAUN »

Hey , my tires on my bit clone that I did the full size wheel conversion on rub really bad. Do you guys have this problem to? If so , what have you done to fix it?
1000+ post of BS.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Get some sand paper and start widening those wheel wells. Sometimes the you might be binding on the chassis itself. There, you'll have to get creative. Read the article on the full wheel mod, I'm sure problem is covered somewhere in there.

Maxx
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

The body clears fine , Its the chassis that its hitting.
1000+ post of BS.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

You can also sand or x-acto knive away much of the inner wheel well on those S-2000's without making the wheel well itself larger.
(Referring to the outter body lines of the wheel well of course)

Trust me, I've done 7 or more of them.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... p?album=33
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

SHAUN wrote:The body clears fine , Its the chassis that its hitting.
I take it its hitting behind the wheel on the larger part of the chassis?

you'll have to take off the wheels, and dremel/cut some clearance aon the main tub of the chassis where it rubs. If you go slow with a grinding stone on the dremel you can reshape the plastic until you've got more space behind the wheel for clearance.
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Ya , I finnally figured that out , but I left everything on and just went with the x-acto knife , I cut through the chassis but fixed it with some glue.

Thanks guys.

Oh , I forgot CW I'm suprised that those big ass wheels I got tucked under that S2K body don't rub at all , not a bit.
1000+ post of BS.
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

glad you got it worked out. how is the steering now it's got clearance?
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Yup , works like magic. I love this bit , to me it is the perfect bit , large wheels , ZZ blue gear set , decent hard wired motor , spring front suspion.

I was thinking someday , I might just cut out both those wheel well parts and get some thin styrene and replace them.
1000+ post of BS.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

SHAUN wrote:Yup , works like magic. I love this bit , to me it is the perfect bit , large wheels , ZZ blue gear set , decent hard wired motor , spring front suspion.

I was thinking someday , I might just cut out both those wheel well parts and get some thin styrene and replace them.
Why not now, while it's still being built? Cuz once it's up and running you won't want to pull it down again. Plus, it makes it that much more custom, and you learn so much more.
You'll be sooooo confident for your future projects.

Maxx
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Only styrene I got right now is some walmart cards.
1000+ post of BS.