Patrol comp truck W.I.P

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Patrol comp truck W.I.P

Post by guerd87 »

hey pimps,well ill lay it down straight to ya,

few of you may have seen my ZZMT and the body on it sucks big time. Im completly rebuilding the body into something i know good...4x4 comp trucks :D

the tray itself wil be a mix of plastic sheet/metalframe (not sure yet, paperclips? something of similar size anyway)

tray is based on the cheezy racing design, heres a few pics taken from their website

as for the MT itself, ive decided to put this body on a new,clean MT with clean as artic mod and some close-to-stock gearing

if it turns out how i want and is good enough i am thinking of putting it into the end of year comp, but only if it looks decent

thats my ideas, ill post up current pics next post!

John
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Post by guerd87 »

19/10 - Day 1

All ive really done so far is chopped the back of the body, filled in the back of the cab and started some work on the front bar. Shaved those stupid lights off the top and front bumber is gone, new front bar looks chunkier and will support the big nudge bar on the front

heres some pics :-o

any thoughts/comments on it? im going to keep all the lights in working order and mount them into the tray 8)

cheers
John
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

I'm really liking it, I've wanted to do a nice scale looking crawler for a while now, but I find the ZZMT wheels/tires hold you back a bit, I'll be on the lookout for some nice scale tires/wheels though. The body chop looks great, best way to make a cage would be either to solder paperclips together (get the big assed ones with the rubber covering, they are pretty strong, the cheap ones I bought were useless!) Or you can JB weld them togther too, if you dont want to use paperclips, just get yourself some thin brass rod or even some thin styrene tube, that'll be easier to work with, you can glue it together with superglue, and then JB weld it once it's stuck together. :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
)3utthead
bitThug

Post by )3utthead »

man that thing is looking sweet. keep up the good work
check out my galleryImage
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Post by guerd87 »

hey guys, here is some pics of what i done today

painted the body a bit tosee how smooth it looked, made a bit of the tray and covered it in paint

the vbody has been hit by scourer pad ance again (worksgood forgetting it nice and rough to paint and doesnt rip it apart like sandpaper) so it looks pretty shitty

tray hasnt even been touched by file/paper or even any filler yetso it looks crappy, but gives the idea of where its going

let me know what you guys think, heres some pics

John

PS: my camera picks up alot of details that the eye doesnt really see, it looks a lot worse in the pics then it really is *curse good camera*
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Looks great man, keep up the sweet work, I can't wait to see more! :-)
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

So far so good!
Question:
Is there a reason why you didn't tape up your windows ?
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Post by guerd87 »

i did in the first place but i got a new idea, once im happy with the shape of the tray etc etc im taking the windows out and replacing with the mesh that you see on speedwaycars, and thefront window is going to be nothing....cause when you flex a comp truck really bad...your front window falls out :cool:
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Oh ! :shock:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Shit, now I'm really gonna have to step up my game on the flatbed I'm working on over here. Damn you, that bed looks wicked!!!

And that bulletproof front bumper looks great, and it's subtle. Looks like it was supposed to be that way.

I'd probably leave the side windows empty, or at most just do the driver-side netting, and rear ofcourse.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Post by guerd87 »

eheh thanks for all the comments guys! ill be doing some more work on the tray tomorrow,including the toolboxes and spare tyre carrier :-o

currently it looks pretty shit form the scratches, but they it was all nice looking before i roughed it up again :grin:

ive now got another toy to play with toy..received my xmod drifter, si i might be putting this asidefor 1-2 days lol

John
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Post by guerd87 »

heres some piccys of what i was playing with this arvo, gear down on my MT, got rid of all that excess crap plastic that sits around the motor :-o

its alot faster then when it had the gearbox on it, i actually think faster is better for crawling, need some speed sometimes...although being able to pull a dead weight controller behind your MT was pretty cool :lol:

ive hooked a set of batteries direct to the motor to try it out and i let it loose on the rocks and nothing could stop my little monster 8)

hope you guys like it

John

betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

crude, but effective :-o

coming along well. :)
i used to be cool
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Post by guerd87 »

yep..straight to the point :lol:

i wasnt really sure how else to do it, so i just had an attempt, this is all sort of practice, once i get it all working nicely i will use the same methods in another MT
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

guerd87 wrote:yep..straight to the point :lol:

i wasnt really sure how else to do it, so i just had an attempt, this is all sort of practice, once i get it all working nicely i will use the same methods in another MT
Same here, my MT has been hacked and re-worked about 8 times alltogether, and i'm still unhappy with it because I didn't do it right the first time, but I learnt alot. :-o