Body References Question

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
JoeyRoland

Body References Question

Post by JoeyRoland »

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a place online that outlines all of the available body-types for TOMY Bit Char-Gs, MicroSizers, and even ZipZaps? Perhaps even adaptable clones that might work with either a bit or ZZ?

Also, after searching the forum, I was wondering if there's a body-style code - so to speak? Like, since Bit and MicroSizers are the same thing, could they be called something like an "A" Body and ZipZaps "Z" bodies? Just curious.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Code....i guess I understand you:

I think we just refer to them as "bit" bodies, meaning all bitchar-g, microsizers and clones.

We call zipzap bodies, zipzap SE and zipzap MT (monster truck) "ZZ" bodies.

ZZ bodies are the same width as bits but the ZZs are longer. Bit chassis have to be "streched" to fit under a ZZ body.

ZZ accessories can be used with bits. The rear axles fit back and so do the motors. The tyres can be used on the rear wheels of bits, unless you do the "full size wheel mod".

That should cover it
Maxx
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I'd like to add that there aren't really standards for Clones. Most are same dimensions as Bit, but not all. I've got several that do not interchange bodies.

One of the guys over on TinyRC has set up a site outlining all the ZZ stuff, I've gotta go to work so I'm not gonna try and find it yet
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

frizzen wrote:One of the guys over on TinyRC has set up a site outlining all the ZZ stuff, I've gotta go to work so I'm not gonna try and find it yet
He means here
http://www.gcrossett.com/zipzaps/
That is very helpful with ZZ mods.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

If you want to know what all cars bits come in then ask Dark Tari I think he has every one ever made! :lol:

It would be cool to make a thread showing every bit and clone made we could add pictures and with all of us here I bet we have just about any car made!
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Don't forget Namuna's excellent guide to micros.
http://tinyrc.com/lincoln/Worlds/MicroR ... roWrld.htm
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
JoeyRoland

Post by JoeyRoland »

Man - that's just crazy-awesome! :eek:

steelwoolghandi, I think that's an awesome idea! I did stumble upon this site. It kind of outlines the TOMY Bit Char-Gs and even some clones. Coupled with the ZipZap indexes, I think it's at least a great start. I'll do some digging for any MicroSizers too.

Also, related to bodies, has anyone used a vaccuum former? If so, what models can you use for what chassis? I don't have a ZipZap just yet, but I'm curious if a Hot Wheels or similar brand might work as a mold.

Thanks for all the links, guys!