New Rims , quick tutorial for front

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

sessiz wrote:I gotta pic of a nub right here nox. :-)
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... .php?t=814

Funny....funny guy...

I knew when I wrote that...It was going to go down hill..

And Sessiz, your the WINNER...

The next photo-OP that guy does, is coming to your house!
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

noxorc wrote:

Funny....funny guy...

:-D

On a side note....... I just got my FREAKIN phly ass rims. :eek:
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

sessiz wrote:
noxorc wrote:

Funny....funny guy...

:-D

On a side note....... I just got my FREAKIN phly ass rims. :eek:
Hey Sessiz, I just saw your avatar looking at my nub.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

shit, why didn't I recognize that link?
screwed for another week now! lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I'm about to sit down and try the rear axel and I got an idea for the nub. Those that got the rims'll understand better. What if the lil disk part of the rim (which would be the rear of the wheel) was put in backwards. :???:
The lil protrusion in the disk just might work as a nub. I'll explain better and put up some pics after I try it.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

sessiz wrote:I'm about to sit down and try the rear axel and I got an idea for the nub. Those that got the rims'll understand better. What if the lil disk part of the rim (which would be the rear of the wheel) was put in backwards. :???:
The lil protrusion in the disk just might work as a nub. I'll explain better and put up some pics after I try it.
That's the way I was gonna mount my fronts!
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

DarkTari wrote:
sessiz wrote:I'm about to sit down and try the rear axel and I got an idea for the nub. Those that got the rims'll understand better. What if the lil disk part of the rim (which would be the rear of the wheel) was put in backwards. :???:
That's the way I was gonna mount my fronts!
I did the fronts the way (I think) they're supposed to be, nubless. I only did one wheel with a nub on the rear and it works well. Simple and effective. All you have to do to get a nub on the rear is to install the disk on one rim with the protrusion pointing out from the rim instead of in.
I will tell ya this though, DO NOT use super glue, or use it very sparingly. It dried up white and got all over the rim face. I gotta go in and brush the crust off of every rim now. I also found that I need to cut short the pins a lil in the front. I'm gonna try to desolve the glue on the one rim upfront and re do it or my car is gonna keep going in circles. :sad:
Over all the mounting was pretty easy, not nearly as tough as I thought it would be. I recomend patients though. I kinda rushed to get these on and will probably have to redo them in the future.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

You probably already know this but get a q-tip and try some fingernail polish remover, acetone, or something that contains acetone. Try it out on one wheel first just incase there's more damage though I wouldn't expect it.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

DarkTari wrote:You probably already know this but get a q-tip and try some fingernail polish remover, acetone, or something that contains acetone. Try it out on one wheel first just incase there's more damage though I wouldn't expect it.
Thanks for the suggestion dt. I'm gonna try to dissolve the glue with some decal remover so that the rim falls apart.
To get the crust off of the face of the rims a lil brushing is really all I need to do. Thank god the dried glue didn't stick to the face of the rims too bad.
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

sessiz wrote: I did the fronts the way (I think) they're supposed to be, nubless. I only did one wheel with a nub on the rear and it works well. Simple and effective. All you have to do to get a nub on the rear is to install the disk on one rim with the protrusion pointing out from the rim instead of in.
I will tell ya this though, DO NOT use super glue, or use it very sparingly. It dried up white and got all over the rim face. I gotta go in and brush the crust off of every rim now. I also found that I need to cut short the pins a lil in the front. I'm gonna try to desolve the glue on the one rim upfront and re do it or my car is gonna keep going in circles. :sad:
Over all the mounting was pretty easy, not nearly as tough as I thought it would be. I recomend patients though. I kinda rushed to get these on and will probably have to redo them in the future.
I just assembled a set tonite using the reverse hub method you suggested for the rear, and it came out mint!
I did use super-glue spatingly... actually i used a paper clip to apply it to the rim, i have not assembled the axel yet though. For the reverse hub assembly i used the tire as a mold to position the 2 pieces and hold them in place while drying *use caution if you attempt this method* a little extra glue on the ouside of the rim and the rim will be now mounted to the tire permantly!
As for the insert, i didn't even glue it! When removing it from the tree, i left a little extra on there and sanded it down until the insert fit inside the hub nice and snug.

-word
:rockon:
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I just finished my second set using "The reverse hub for a nub." (tm) :-)
The set I did last night using this method freakin rocks. I get the grip of pullback wheels with the style of a true playa. :-D
I definatly want some more of these rims. Pity I didn't order a few more sets.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

kwikbb wrote: As for the insert, i didn't even glue it! When removing it from the tree, i left a little extra on there and sanded it down until the insert fit inside the hub nice and snug.
-word
up me too... I like to pop them in and out...

I did lose one on the floor and had the family help look...GOT IT.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

sessiz wrote:I just finished my second set using "The reverse hub for a nub." (tm) :-)
The set I did last night using this method freakin rocks. I get the grip of pullback wheels with the style of a true playa. :-D
I definatly want some more of these rims. Pity I didn't order a few more sets.
how many sets did you buy?

I"m trying the 'white' alpine next. just let the shiat dry.

Last edited by noxorc on Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Only 3 :sad:
These will hold me for a minute but I want more styles. :-)
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

sessiz wrote:Only 3 :sad:
These will hold me for a minute but I want more styles. :-)
I agree, more styles, I got a lot of cars chassis that can be upgraded.

-nOx

going to lose the power in my laptop...laterrrr......