New Rims , quick tutorial for front

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

cj wrote:
DarkTari wrote: If you examine them closely, there are a lot of 1 piece wheels...
WT33, WT34, WT25, WT41?, WT28, WT37, WT69, WM02, etc
My WT46 and WT56 were both one piece and the insert for the WT56 was gold not silver like in their picture.
ImageImage
Nox, I think those are 2 piece, you're showing a separate basket (gold).

When I say 1 piece, I mean 1 solid piece...
ImageImageImage

These are going to be tricky cause I gotta drill 'em, not like doing the plastic bit wheels, I do those by hand and it's easier to center. As you can see, the WM01 has no hole while the others do!!
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

kwikbb wrote:i like the silver lip, i think it's a good contrast... i also like the idea of painting it all white too... i'm torn

well you do have a couple of sets, you could do it both ways if you'd like i suppose...
I dont have a couple of sets of the same style. only one.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

DarkTari wrote:Nox, I think those are 2 piece, you're showing a separate basket (gold).

When I say 1 piece, I mean 1 solid piece...
ImageImageImage

These are going to be tricky cause I gotta drill 'em, not like doing the plastic bit wheels, I do those by hand and it's easier to center. As you can see, the WM01 has no hole while the others do!!
yea..mine are two, separate basket.

none of my sets are just one piece then.
and any all have predrilled holes.

Be stright DT, we don't want your rides being warped.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

Oh, by the way. those last two rims are ugly. Sorry.
I do hope you can do something special with them...
Are they the new ones you got from EZ?

I like the first set.

-n

ps. wearing my Hawaii shirt (friday shirt) on a thursday.
Breaking ALL the rules...

-n(squared)
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Oh I agree, they are. I only got the first set, They are real nice, not polished though! They are close to AMG wheels.. The second ones look like the ones that came on the 1970-73 BMW 3.0CS, they were so cool back then but now........Nah!
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

DarkTari wrote: The second ones look like the ones that came on the 1970-73 BMW 3.0CS, they were so cool back then but now........Nah!
showing your age bro..
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

noxorc wrote:
DarkTari wrote: The second ones look like the ones that came on the 1970-73 BMW 3.0CS, they were so cool back then but now........Nah!
showing your age bro..
Heh? Heh?........Whatcha say Sonny?????
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

aight, so after further inspection - I noticed all my tires were different (in between sets), that's cool! some are super slick with a harder compound rubber - and treads! others are super puffy and grippy, etc.

so I ran in to a brick wall when I had my 10 mm alloys mounted up front, with some super puff/grip tires. I ponder and finally gave in to the idea of taking some rubber off the tire...
it worked! :eek:

so now my front's turn fine, no rubbing etc. no cutting on the chassis, etc.
some bodies will have to have the fenders shaved a touch though.

here's what I did.
I put the tires I wanted to trim down on my rear axle alloys.
I put that up on the head of the dremel, and with the dremel on the lowest speed - I just kept lightly touching the tires on to the gripped head of the dremel.
I wore the tires down naturally as if it were driving on a roughed up surface until they were the lower profile size I needed.

be careful if you try it, cuz it's easy to ruin a tire, create a wabble, etc.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

CaboWabo wrote:aight, so after further inspection - I noticed all my tires were different (in between sets), that's cool! some are super slick with a harder compound rubber - and treads! others are super puffy and grippy, etc.

so I ran in to a brick wall when I had my 10 mm alloys mounted up front, with some super puff/grip tires. I ponder and finally gave in to the idea of taking some rubber off the tire...
it worked! :eek:

so now my front's turn fine, no rubbing etc. no cutting on the chassis, etc.
some bodies will have to have the fenders shaved a touch though.

here's what I did.
I put the tires I wanted to trim down on my rear axle alloys.
I put that up on the head of the dremel, and with the dremel on the lowest speed - I just kept lightly touching the tires on to the gripped head of the dremel.
I wore the tires down naturally as if it were driving on a roughed up surface until they were the lower profile size I needed.

be careful if you try it, cuz it's easy to ruin a tire, create a wabble, etc.
I have 3 size barrel drums (1 standard, 2 smaller one's that came with the cordless Dremel I got from MicroMark) I'll mount to drum and use sandpaper to cut down the tires. Putting twoon a drum at the same time will get totally even results. I'm getting some 10's on the next order so if/when I run into this problem, I'll document, w/pics and do a tuit,
PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpIke »

my 11.5 mm's came 1 peice.....
ssi
bitPlaya'

Post by ssi »

I gotta wait till monday or god forbid TUESDAY :sad:
lmao, sowie am a bit late on that one but i just found this thing.
Neon Rc Racing
Bitpimps uk
gearboy
bitThug

Post by gearboy »

ok, i need rims, where do i get them? i saw some dub toys. are those them? :eek:
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

gearboy wrote:ok, i need rims, where do i get them? i saw some dub toys. are those them? :eek:
PIMP all you need to do is click the link below and this cat will hook you up with anything he has left instock :)

heres is the link

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=1375

and here is a link to what they look like

http://www.scala43.com/scala43/rad.htm
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker