from Spain....i´ve a question

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
dems

from Spain....i´ve a question

Post by dems »

- I wanna make a CRAWLER from my ZZMT , but i´ve a question: why i need the SE servo?? and anyone have a crawler made from a ZZMT and his process made by pictures?
thanks a lot
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Welcome dems. :-)

Here is the articulation mod you will want to do:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=6991

The SE servo will give you more proportional control to slow it down, for better crawling.

Other guys on here can guide you better than myself.
Last edited by CaboWabo on Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Re: from Spain....i´ve a question

Post by SuperFly »

dems wrote:- I wanna make a CRAWLER from my ZZMT , but i´ve a question: why i need the SE servo?? and anyone have a crawler made from a ZZMT and his process made by pictures?
thanks a lot
The SE servo mod isn't totally necessary for a crawler. You can add other ZZ idler gears to gear it down without trashing an SE.

Here's a link to a pretty good tutorial on 4-gear and 5-gear mods. I did the 4 gear mod and it works great. I think the 5 would be plenty slow and torquey.

http://www.gcrossett.com/zipzaps/modifi ... /index.htm
redrustbucket
bitGangsta'

spanish crawler

Post by redrustbucket »

I got your pm but I'll answer it here if that's cool? I've answered a few pms like it so I'd rather put it here for others to see. First of all welcome to bitpimps. You found a great board for your zzmt crawler needs. :-o

I don't have a complete buildup thread, just pics of pretty much completed crawlers.

This is an ok shot of the rear of one using a 3x transfer gear set up. This set up should work for you with the parts you have. You said you have 2 right? You will need to use your 2 stock green transfer gears then you can run a red transfer gear to a red drive gear and get decent gearing. You will need to pick up a motor set to get the red gears. It would be lower with all green if you can get them though but you'll need another mt to do it.

Some more pics with 3x transfer gear set up.

If you do get ahold of another mt you will be able to do this steering mod which works extremely better than the stock set up.

http://www.bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/p ... php?t=8800

Here is a pic from the bottom. The pinion is separated in this pic but you can see what is left of the chassis and how everything is shaved on the bottom.

Random pics with body off.

Hope these help. Post up any more questions here. I haven't done a full buildup/tutorial yet, sorry.
The devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own...
tlca # 14622