Lowering a bit

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Wesley
bitPlaya'

Post by Wesley »

Wow... This has helped me so much!! I can't believe its so simple!! :-D

Btw, on another bit i have, the back tab has snapped off completely..
Does anypimp know how I could fix it? :(
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

yep!
and the next time will be a breeze...... faster too :-o
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Wesley wrote:Wow... This has helped me so much!! I can't believe its so simple!! :-D

Btw, on another bit i have, the back tab has snapped off completely..
Does anypimp know how I could fix it? :(
If you've snapped it off completely, that chassis is a good candidate for lowering.

I would forego trying to replace the motor clip function of the tab and use some small guage solid core copper wire and figure out how to strap the motor in. All you have to worry about is good gear mesh and electrical contact. Then just make a new tab out of styrene and glue it wherever you want (that still works with the body you are going to use). Usually the tricky thing about rear tabs and lowering is how to still use a motor clip/heat sink, but it isn't essential to have the tab do both functions.
Wesley
bitPlaya'

Post by Wesley »

Ok, thanx Superfly! :eek:

I'll try that as soon as I can! :smile:

Heh, now I might be able to use my other chassis for the contest... :???:
Teppudama
bitHood

Post by Teppudama »

Sorry for the necro post, but thank you for making this a stickie! This was the first question I had after getting into these and was really glad to see it was so easy to find!
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Teppudama wrote:Sorry for the necro post, but thank you for making this a stickie! This was the first question I had after getting into these and was really glad to see it was so easy to find!

Glad we could help...

Welcome to bitPimps.... :-o

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Sorry for bringing an old topic back up, but now that I'm shifting focus from ZZMT's to ZZ's I was just wondering if anyone has had problems with their modded clips breaking off, or are they pretty secure. Also, where do you get styrene, and is there a brand name that would help me find it at a walmart or the like?
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i've made body tabs out of general plastic and used superglue to attach them. never had one break.

no need to specifically buy styrene, vhs cassettes, floppy disks, packaging are all good sources of scrap plastic :-o
i used to be cool
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I had an issue with that too, on the first one I did. But if you use some sand paper to scuff up the contact areas, it helps.
What I started doing was using scrap plastic from the ZZ chassis (I'm sure you have some from that ZZMT build), then cut it to the right size, and use styrene/ABS plastic bonding solvent for static models instead of CA.
You can go one step further and cut a notch into the front chassis area so the new tab will sit into it and give more surface area for adhesion.
Finks
bitPimp

Re:

Post by Finks »

betty.k wrote:i've made body tabs out of general plastic and used superglue to attach them. never had one break.

no need to specifically buy styrene, vhs cassettes, floppy disks, packaging are all good sources of scrap plastic :-o
lol so would mummy wrapping, 45" records and the Arc of the Covenant...

Ah crap, we are getting old cuz I think I do have both VHS and floppy disks in a box in the basement...
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc