Something red from Maxx

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Something red from Maxx

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Project March 29, 2007

Here is my WRX, trying to "pit a Racer" :grin:

I've started here with a shell donated by a fellow pimp.

From there, I slot lowered the shell front and rear, did some chassis shaving in order to get the front to sit properly. I'm not sure if I'm going to add any ground effects as yet, but I have changed the wing to a bigger WRXish one. It more suits the race theme than the stock one provided.

Project March 30, 2007

I added an extra fin to the spoiler, so it's missing from this pic while the superglue is drying. I've also added a front mount intercooler. The car has also been sanded and ready for paint(not pictured). I'll more than likely add some ground effects now, I also have a SWEET muffler that I was planning to use on the lancer that went bad.

Project April 1 , 2007

Made some progress today, it continues to rain tho so I won't get any painting done.
I added a lower lip and a pair of canards. I think they look rather good. I'm just waiting on the superglue to cure before I handle the body too much i.e. with painting etc.
No pics this update.

Project April 3 , 2007

Well the first of the paint has gone on. I'm not doing any fancy paint-jobs this time I'm planning to make a "sunday racer".
After this paint dries I'll just have to paint on the details, clear-coat it and paint the wheels. The chassis is finished aside from the wheels and the RX antenna.

Project May___, 2007

Nothing done since Apr3 seeing that I had finals that month. This project was pretty much on the back burner.

Project June___, 2007

Well, after painting the shell I removed the mask to find that all the stock paint on the windows have lifted up :o . So now I have to paint those AFTER I have painted the shell. Now I have to be careful sanding away the windows without removing the paint. Naturally, there was paint in the creases near the edges...big mistake. I spray the windscreen and it get's all cracked like old leather where the black was on the stock black. Luckily I was doing one window at a time.

Now I have to sand and repaint, and also make sure that the other windows are sanded properly.

Success! Windows painted. Time for the details.

They went on without a hitch. I ran out of red paint (doing my 1:10 scooby) so I couldn't paint the wing, how stupid :? So I've got to look for another wing, this big ass wing won't look good in black.
**Oh, I don't think it was pictured, but I had changed my mind to an RX-7 wing then ran out of paint**

Fast foreward to......

Project July 4, 2007

Clear coat gone one, but, it has a problem with the paint I used for the windows...GAAAH will these windows cese tormenting me? So I wait till it dries and wet sanded it with some high grit paper. I was careful not to press too hard, cuz I didn't want to re paint the windows....AGAIN. So I wash and dry ant take it out spray another coat of clear. The roots of the cracks are still there, but maybe they won't show up in the pics :-?
Only thing to do now is to attach the exhaust and borrow a camera to take pics.

This was supposed to be quick, but school happened and [school > BP comps] I had originally planned to post this all at once with the finished pics, but as you can see I've kept this under wraps from the majority of the pimps for quite a while....I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!!

So ya... :lol:
r/cdrifter7
bitPlaya'

Post by r/cdrifter7 »

sweetness i love scoobies. i like the front adustments too.
The man who said, "Money doesn't buy happiness." never had any.