Lo-Pro PCB Cover

Learn how to chop a body properly, how to install alloy rims, and more. If it's about makin' it look good, it belongs here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Lo-Pro PCB Cover

Post by crazydave »

So here's the prob, some bodies just need to be lowered to look right, some of us just like to slam our cars, either way, your gonna end up tossing out the PCB cover, but how do we hold our car together now? Most of us revert to tape. I reverted to tape. Funtional, but I just thought it looked sloppy, and even more so I hate the tape gooies, and all the dirt they pick up.

So I set out to find a solution. I like to make stuff out of Zip Zap packaging because they use so much extra plastic, and I hate to pollute our land fills. Anyways I've trying to work this out for a while, but I couldn't get the back tabs to work, but then tonight I had an ingenious idea, heres what you do:

Cut a piece of ZZ packaging or similar clear plastic. I like the ZZ packageing because it is several different thicknesses throughout. I used a piece of medium thick plastic from the dome.

Hold it over your chassis, trace the basic outline with a sharpie, make the 2 front tabs extra long, and make a tab in the back that fits in the middle gap in the chassis, (see pics) you want it to be snug, so it holds the back down. When you get it all cut out bend the front tabs down then forwards.

Your done.

It's that simple, and I think it looks alot cleaner than tape, but it still not quite as clean as stock.

Check it out:

Not bad huh?
Last edited by crazydave on Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

thats sweet ass Dave. I can now lower my lancer like I wanted to. The PCB in dat biatch it HIGH as a mofo
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

good idea dave!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

Excellent.....and I too am a ZipZap Case Cutter. (same reasons, thicknesses)
ziprc
bitThug

Nice!

Post by ziprc »

Looks like a great idea. I ditched my PCB cover a LOOONG time ago. At first I didnt know what the crap i was doing so i just left it open lolol. After a while I taped it. Then I found this stuff that is perfect for the job. Those 12" GIJoes you can find at Toysrus have these rubber bands on them to keep goggles on, guns in hands etc. But the best thing is they are super thin and clear. I just put one of those suckers on my ZZ and it works perfect. Super secure, super un-noticeable.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i dono ive always used gaffers tape. it gives better clearance and is easy to take one side off and you can put it back on over and over.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hogjowlz wrote:i dono ive always used gaffers tape. it gives better clearance and is easy to take one side off and you can put it back on over and over.
Does gaffers tape leave gooies behind? Because I'm still gonna be using tape on my flipped PCB dual cells, and my biggest issue with tape is the gooies, looks secondary.
crazydave's Gallery
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

very little. photographers use it because its easy to tape something up real quick and even easier to break it down. its thin and resiliant.
vanillatheostich

Post by vanillatheostich »

the gaffers tape i use is like $20 bucks a roll, it is just like duct tape expept that the glue leaves very little residue, and the tape is cloth not plastic. oh did i forget to mention that it can handle high temps. (i used it as a stage/tech hand for church plays on 1000+ watt lights)
Vanill
micromatch
bitGangsta'

Post by micromatch »

do my anteanna mod it gives you better range and your pcb NEEEEEEEEVer comes off till you take it off

fist open your pcb board and undo the knot in the anteanna and take your anteanna and stick it through a little gap in the back of the pcb coverlocated right above the back left corner of your heat sink
BOOM instant range and it keeps your pcb cover on be cause the only thing theat makes you pcb cover pop off is cause of you anteanna pushing it up

peace
is this thing on?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That is a good tip. I already do that to all my cars. It's amazing there's 2-3 inches of antenna inside the car. Run it straight out the back, and your antenna is twice as long.

My purpose for the lo-pro PCB cover is on cars with severe body drops, where there is no room for the PCB cover.
crazydave's Gallery
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

vanillatheostich wrote:the gaffers tape i use is like $20 bucks a roll, it is just like duct tape expept that the glue leaves very little residue, and the tape is cloth not plastic. oh did i forget to mention that it can handle high temps. (i used it as a stage/tech hand for church plays on 1000+ watt lights)

Hey look everyone, Hogs got a new partner.

The Gaffer Brothers.
vanillatheostich

hog how did you start on gaff tape? lol i just remebered that my wallet is made of duct tape, completly duct tape.
Vanill
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

vanillatheostich wrote:hog how did you start on gaff tape? lol i just remebered that my wallet is made of duct tape, completly duct tape.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
vanillatheostich

I havent been here in forever. and i havent touched a bit in a long time.
anyways, there are plenty of sites to teach you how to do it. you should check out the prom dresses people do, its insane.
Vanill